Message Reverse Sort Order
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: I wrecked our escaPod
    Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Kokopod

We live about a half mile from Yeager's to the west off of Flaming Gorge Way. When you come back through, if you need anything let us know. I open this forum almost every day but didn't look at all over the weekend. Really sorry I didn't catch it sooner, or we might have been able to help out somehow. Our son lives in SLC. Hope you're there safely by now. Merry Christmas.

We are at our daughter's house now. The R-Pod is still in Green River. We still need to get the R-Pod from there to here. Given that the car is going to take some time to get repaired, we are shopping for a suitable used TV. We were over at Carmax today as well as checking out the local market for suitable vehicles. We may have found one that will work.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Kokopod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 7:01pm
We live about a half mile from Yeager's to the west off of Flaming Gorge Way. When you come back through, if you need anything let us know. I open this forum almost every day but didn't look at all over the weekend. Really sorry I didn't catch it sooner, or we might have been able to help out somehow. Our son lives in SLC. Hope you're there safely by now. Merry Christmas.
2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k
2013 Premier 19FBPR
Formerly-2013 R-pod 177HRE
2011 Dodge Durango
Love a good road trip
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Kokopod

We are here in Green River. We'll drive around and try to find where you're parked; but if you need anything, write back now. I'll keep watching this post. Where were you towed?

The R-Pod is parked in the back lot of Norberg's Towing. The car may be there or it may have already been moved to Yeager's body shop. The R-Pod is locked up and the battery cut-off switch is set to disconnect the batteries to keep them from being run down. I got some Gorilla tape and used some wood from a crate to fill the hole and tape over it. Before we get on the road with it, I would like to get a piece of plywood to put over the tape and seal it better so that it will keep wind and snow/rain out until we can get it home and get it fixed properly.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Rodpod

Can you post the video? 

There is no way to directly post the video. It would far exceed the file size limitations. It really does not show much since it is showing  only what is straight ahead. It shows the movement back and forth and then around, but does not show the trailer.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Kokopod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 12:09pm
We are here in Green River. We'll drive around and try to find where you're parked; but if you need anything, write back now. I'll keep watching this post. Where were you towed?
2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k
2013 Premier 19FBPR
Formerly-2013 R-pod 177HRE
2011 Dodge Durango
Love a good road trip
Rodpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 9:48am
Can you post the video? 
2016 R-Pod 179
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 9:05am
Stephen - as many have said, I'm glad you were ok. Dealing with insurance and repairs is a pain, I know, I got into an accident this past summer while pulling our camper. But better than dealing with insurance and repairs for YOU.

As long as the pod's hitch latches properly it otherwise looks ok to tow. I would apply a large trash bag and liberal amounts of Gorilla tape to waterproof the hole. Maybe add some Gorilla tape on the other corner, too, to ensure it is waterproof. That will get you to the repair shop w/o adding water damage to the list.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 8:47am
Stephen H.

So glad you or your wife didn't get hurt.  As many before me have said.  Material stuff is dispensable and can be replaced.  Give thanks to the One who protected you two from further harm; am sure you have.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 8:45am
None of this is covered by a warranty. This is what insurance is for. You need to read both your insurance and warranty paperwork/policy.

Actually, my warranty/protection plan WOULD cover at least some of this. It is the more expensive one they offer, it is a 3rd party policy that covers all kinds of repairs or replacements and more. They told me covers the tow vehicle tow expenses if it breaks down, or for any reason cant be driven ( i believe thats accurate) and it will cover any hotel expenses if our trailer is unusable, any food that goes bad, they will tow the trailer to a repair shop. I was told the only thing i really dont have coverage on was the tires. I also have rv insurance.

Over 30 years in the insurance industry here in this house... The policy you have, or are referencing is not a warranty. It IS a type of insurance, marketed by a 3rd party, regardless of how it was marketed/explained to you. Many RV owners have some sort of roadside assistance, or loss of use coverage, but, again, that's a type of insurance, not a warranty.

I'm sure he's referring to the XtraRide extended warranty that has been discussed here many times (the only extended warranty for anything that I have ever recommended - I hate extended warranties). Both of you are right, really. It is marketed as a "warranty" but it has many "insurance"-benefits included as features.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 12:46am
On ice, once your trailers sliding, brakes don't help unless you have chains on.They play hockey on that stuff for a reason.
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>