R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed"Must Have" Mods & Fixes for the noob?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Must Have" Mods & Fixes for the noob?
    Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 9:19pm
One solution for a low cell signal (but not a completely absent signal) is a booster.  More info here:  https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/cell-phone-signal-booster-guide-page
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Commander203 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by GLBCamper

Originally posted by Commander203

I would highly recommend switching to double steps. It makes it so much easier to get in or out! Especially someone who might be feeling a little weak. Search the boards for a link. I bought mine on eTrailer for less than $90.

GLBCamper,

Could you post the part number for your steps for the POD. I ordered a set that doesn't fit and need to return for the correct parts.

Thanks,

Flexco 24" double steps pn 

SMFP-2100 at eTrailer

That's the one I purchased. I guess the 179 is different, it doesn't fit. The back of the steps makes contact with the frame which causes the step not to match the original mount. It's not even close to a match.

Again, thanks for the info.
Mike & Erin
2013 Tundra 4.6L V8 (Tow PK)
2006 Honda Goldwing GL 1800
2005 Honda VTX 1800N
GLBCamper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 11:10pm

I would highly recommend switching to double steps. It makes it so much easier to get in or out! Especially someone who might be feeling a little weak. Search the boards for a link. I bought mine on eTrailer for less than $90.

GLBCamper,

Could you post the part number for your steps for the POD. I ordered a set that doesn't fit and need to return for the correct parts.

Thanks,

SMFP-2100 at eTrailer

That's the one I purchased. I guess the 179 is different, it doesn't fit. The back of the steps makes contact with the frame which causes the step not to match the original mount. It's not even close to a match.

Again, thanks for the info.

I did have to expand the back holes a bit, but other than that it fit my 177 perfectly.
Old: 2014 177 HRE
2015 Tacoma V6 4x4 Double Cab
New: 2016 EVO ATS 200rd
2016 F150 4x4 Sport
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 2:21pm

GLBCamper,Could you post the part number for your steps for the POD. I ordered a set that doesn't fit and need to return for the correct parts.Thanks,

<h2 ="strong="" ltext"="" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 15px; font-family: ' sans', helvetica, verdana, sans-serif; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;"> SMFP-2100 at eTrailer</h2>
That's the one I purchased. I guess the 179 is different, it doesn't fit. The back of the steps makes contact with the frame which causes the step not to match the original mount. It's not even close to a match.Again, thanks for the info.

I just installed one on my 179. I enlarged the rear holes in the steps, not in the frame, and it fits fine.
Ron View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 7:44pm
I need help with a mod to hide my new15 foot rhino sewer 4 inch hose, it is too long for the short 5 inch tube under the LP tank.  I need a five foot PVC Five inch pipe, can't find anyone who sells such a thing, only Four inch.  Any suggestions?
Ron rowland
SandD View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 8:13pm
I installed one of these. Works great.
http://www.dwincorp.com/products/125/NEW-SUPER-SLIDER-Adjustable-SUPER-TUBE

There are two types of people in the world. Those who like RPODs and those who are wrong.

Rpodder
2014 RPOD 178
06 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Ron

I need help with a mod to hide my new15 foot rhino sewer 4 inch hose, it is too long for the short 5 inch tube under the LP tank.  I need a five foot PVC Five inch pipe, can't find anyone who sells such a thing, only Four inch.  Any suggestions?

The best solution is the DWIncorp.com telescoping unit cited above. It's designed for the 15' RhinoFlex hose kit (60"). If you insist, HD etc. sells 5" square PVC fence post/caps.
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
eiluJ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 1:03am
Hi Podders!
Does anyone have an idea how I can get the outdoor shower to be more of a "power wash your boots" rather than the gentle rain?? Would simply changing the screen on the hand held shower head do it? I mean having smaller holes in the thing would increase the pressure. Has anyone thought about this...or just me? :-). Is a part like this available? I just thought it would be handy cuz that is primarily why I would use this feature and last time I just had to bring my muddy stuff home and hose it down in the yard. I will appreciate your thoughts and ideas!
Thanks,
Julie
Retroactive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 8:43am
Originally posted by eiluJ

Hi Podders!
Does anyone have an idea how I can get the outdoor shower to be more of a "power wash your boots" rather than the gentle rain?? Would simply changing the screen on the hand held shower head do it? I mean having smaller holes in the thing would increase the pressure. Has anyone thought about this...or just me? :-). Is a part like this available? I just thought it would be handy cuz that is primarily why I would use this feature and last time I just had to bring my muddy stuff home and hose it down in the yard. I will appreciate your thoughts and ideas!
Thanks,
Julie

There is already a recent thread about the shower attachment that seems to be favored by Podders. Go to the second page of this forum, that is where the thread is located. There are plenty of comments that should help you decide. The unit is relatively cheap for an upgrade. I plan on getting one in the summer, so we can use the outdoor shower to hose off all the beach sand and salt.

Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 11:33am
The box for my outdoor shower doesn't leave a lot of room for alternative (larger) shower heads, for one thing, and I'm not sure you'd ever get enough pressure to blast the mud off boots anyway.  Maybe.  But what about the shower and a brush of some sort?

You could test the power by taking the shower head off and holding your thumb over the end of the hose.  That might be the solution anyway.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>