R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeak gas flow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mtsapphire View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weak gas flow
    Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 6:09pm
Thank you, Doug. I tried the slow-turn of the gas valve as you suggested, but it made no difference.  Here is a picture of my regulator setup. It looks like two very similar regulator-type objects, one facing back, one facing front. Flow is to the left. Looks like an adjustment valve with a plastic cap in the middle (above the writing) Is this whole thing the regulator? Any way to test or should I try to replace?

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 3:45pm
Welcome.  The immediate problem with the new tank could be the built-in high-flow cutoff valve.  Make sure you turn on the valve very slowly.  I count to 60.  Otherwise you will trigger it and you'll have to start over or wait until it resets itself which can take a while.

Assuming that isn't the problem, your next possible issue is a bad regulator.  That is the round object just after the LP tank.

A note on checking the fuel level:  take a cup of hot water and pour it down the side of the tank from the top shoulder.  Wait 10 seconds and then run the back of your finger down the side of the tank.  The fuel line will be where it changes from hot to cold.  This may not work if the tank has been sitting in the sun.  Even when full it will only be 80% full, so don't think you have been ripped off.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
mtsapphire View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 2:28pm
New to this forum. Appreciate your help!  I have a 2013 RP177.  Having a problem with the gas flow (No, it's not the gas bottle!). First trip this year two days ago. Here are my symptoms: Noticed gas flame at stove cooktop was very low but enough to cook rice. Refrigerator was on gas, (level 3 of 5). Gas hot water heater went on but produced only lukewarm water, intermittently with cold water. Next morning, gas indicator light on refrigerator started to flash a warning. Turned it off. 
All this , I thought, pointed to need for a new gas bottle as original bottle had lasted for maybe 15-16 nights. Swapped it for a filled bottle (even though there was still some liquid swishing around in the old bottle). Now the problem is worse: stove top burners light (at very low level only) for about 2 secs. then go out. Hot water heater tries to turn on. I see a flame in the tube, but it goes out. Tries to restart. Click, click, click, Same result. Turned off the hot water switch. Swapped out the new bottle with the one for my barbecue, which I know works. Same result. Checked on-off valve at bottle. It's on.
First available service appointment June 29, so I am turning to you guys! Visual inspection shows no crimps in the gas line and I have had no accidents that would have damaged the line. Do not smell gas. Is this maybe a regulator issue? Something else? Your advice much appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12