R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBlack tank flush winterization

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kymooses View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black tank flush winterization
    Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by MoggerPod

I guess I am assuming that since the hose port is elevated about a foot above floor level, the entire hose section under the floor will stay full. ( If I understand how gravity works??) Your results may vary....

Regardless, just glad your process works for you.  Really appreciate you sharing your own experiences with yours!!

Thumbs Up
MoggerPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 10:57am
I guess I am assuming that since the hose port is elevated about a foot above floor level, the entire hose section under the floor will stay full. ( If I understand how gravity works??) Your results may vary....

Brad & Laura B.
Durango, CO
2014 RP177HRE
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 4:39pm

The first time I tried to use the tank flush, there was no water flowing due to the check valve being installed backwards. I checked the lines routing trying to figure out the issue.
Seriously,,,,On my 177, the hose port is on the slideout side, the check valve is on the door side of the pod (under shower sink). There is 5-6 feet of line that will not drain unless it is blown out during winterization.

Yuh, I'm with you there, understand that yours is on the off door side.  I just don't understand why you think that hose will not drain.  The connection is lower than the check valve, why will yours not drain back out of the connection just like others?  There's nothing to block the excess water from flowing back out the connector when you unhook.

I can see that yes not every single drop might not come out, but any residual that doesn't just flow back out the connector piece will expand within the hose if it freezes and not cause any problem.  Your hose would have to be completely full of water with no place left for it to expand for it to cause an issue.  

MoggerPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 9:25am
The first time I tried to use the tank flush, there was no water flowing due to the check valve being installed backwards. I checked the lines routing trying to figure out the issue.
Seriously,,,,On my 177, the hose port is on the slideout side, the check valve is on the door side of the pod (under shower sink). There is 5-6 feet of line that will not drain unless it is blown out during winterization.
Brad & Laura B.
Durango, CO
2014 RP177HRE
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Hayduke

Originally posted by furpod

The water inlet on the slide side is for the freshwater, on the door side of the Pod should be the BW flush hookup. They don't put them on the same side so people don't hookup non potable to potable and vice versa. At least that is the ONLY way I have ever seen a pod set up.

Mine are both on the slide side.

Yuh actually spoke with the plant manager for the Dallas plant, they as often as possible on HRE's try to put them both on the off door side whereas Goshen does the opposite.  

Again, that line does not need winterizing the gravity check valve is the highest point in that system and even on a long hose the excess water is going to drain down and dribble out the bib where the hose connects on any model.
Hayduke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by furpod

The water inlet on the slide side is for the freshwater, on the door side of the Pod should be the BW flush hookup. They don't put them on the same side so people don't hookup non potable to potable and vice versa. At least that is the ONLY way I have ever seen a pod set up.

Mine are both on the slide side.
2012 177 HRE
2017 Tacoma Double Cab
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 1:02pm

On my 177, the hose port is on the slideout side, the check valve is on the door side of the pod (under shower sink). There is 5-6 feet of line that will not drain unless it is blown out during winterization.

MoggerPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 9:55am
On my 177, the hose port is on the slideout side, the check valve is on the door side of the pod (under shower sink). There is 5-6 feet of line that will not drain unless it is blown out during winterization.
Brad & Laura B.
Durango, CO
2014 RP177HRE
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 5:14pm

On my 177, the inlet for the tank flush is elevated above floor level. This line drops under the floor and then up to the check valve located near the bathroom sink. That entire section of line will hold water if not blown out during winterization.

You've taken yours apart to look at it?  On all of them that I've seen the line comes in, goes up to the valve and then drops from the valve through the floor to the tank.

Things do get put together differently Pod to Pod at times though.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 4:16pm
Once the antifreeze is in the lines no need to worry about keeping them open or closed.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>