Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwalking space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: walking space
    Posted: 20 May 2013 at 12:54pm
love our new 171, but if u could make one improvement it would be remove bathroom because it is quite useless, too small, you could put another door next to the one under the bed and just use a portapoty, or better yet put a reg toilot right where it is and plumb it into black water tank and make a box aroung the toilot with a double hinged lid on top and front of toilot, put a cushion on it to sit on when looking in fridge, for more privacy install shower curtain around area, qhen not using the toilot, open curtain and have walking room by sink and stove, and you wont be spending your vacation waiting for someone to move so you can get to another area of camper
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 1:45pm
Welcome.  I partly agree with this, I made a similar suggestion a few years ago based on the wet bath we had in our Coleman popup.  I wouldn't want to get rid of the bathroom, but the space could be greatly openend up if the hard walls of the bathroom only extended up to just above the toilet seat height.  Above that a wrap-around shower curtain would work for showers and for "privacy" (certainly no less privacy than the existing door).  The soft curtain on 3 sides would allow for much more elbow room than the 4 hard walls.  All 4 sides were shower curtain in our popup and I really liked it.  Roll the curtain up to the ceiling (what we did in our popup) and the space opens up between uses.  You could put a hard top over the hard walls, this was standard in our popup but I eventually ripped that lid off because it got in the way.  You couldn't use it as a shelf because then you had to move the stuff each time you wanted to use the bathroom.  Maybe a roll-top would work, like a roll-top writing desk.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
hogone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 6:13pm
should of bought a 177, very spacious and roomy; I rarely run into my wife!!!!
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 6:32pm
Have to agree.. the slide in the 177 makes ALL the difference.

But.. honestly.. if that is what you want the interior to be like.. "make it so". I do like Doug's idea of "soft walls".. don't think it would really be that hard to do.
hogone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 7:10pm
honestly i like the 177 or 178, slide definately opens it up a couple of feet; as far as potentials issues with the slide that I here about, I'll deal with that; maintenance is the key;  and the shower, more than roomy!!!; Pam loves the bathroom
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 7:53pm
As said make it yours.  Personally I have become accustomed to the small head and wouldn't want it different.  I am full sized (6', 275) and can do anything in the little head that it was made for.  I did have to leave the door open the first couple of times, but now that is fine.  And I want both the toilet and the shower because at times we camp where there are neither available.  To each their own.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 9:03pm

Originally posted by furpod

... I do like Doug's idea of "soft walls".. don't think it would really be that hard to do.

It wouldn't be too hard - not easy, but not hard.  Move the shower plumbing to the level of the toilet seat, move the wall switch for the porch light lower, move the light switch for the bathroom light and thermostat.  Then cut all three walls just above the toilet seat and pull everything out above the line.  Some finish work on the raw edges, run a shower curtain track all the way around and mount a hook from the ceiling for the shower head.  Easy.  Big smile

rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by techntrek

... I do like Doug's idea of "soft walls".. don't think it would really be that hard to do.

It wouldn't be too hard - not easy, but not hard.  Move the shower plumbing to the level of the toilet seat, move the wall switch for the porch light lower, move the light switch for the bathroom light and thermostat.  Then cut all three walls just above the toilet seat and pull everything out above the line.  Some finish work on the raw edges, run a shower curtain track all the way around and mount a hook from the ceiling for the shower head.  Easy.  Big smile

Techntrek- We want to see the pictures!!! Pig
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:47am
Originally posted by hogone

should of bought a 177, very spacious and roomy; I rarely run into my wife!!!!

They announced the slide-out models the week after we picked up our 171.  The fate of being an early adopter.  Embarrassed
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:49am
Originally posted by rpodcamper.com

Originally posted by techntrek

It wouldn't be too hard - not easy, but not hard.  ...

Techntrek- We want to see the pictures!!! Pig

Considering it!  Add it to "the list".  Might come after we get our kitchen done in the house - which hasn't started yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>