Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwhat pod goodies did santa bring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: what pod goodies did santa bring
    Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 6:46am
Doug, what are the new chairs you bought at Gander? I didn't see them listed on their site.

2017 Toyota Sienna
2016 R-180   "the Wee Pod"
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 9:14pm

We almost got these rocking chairs for use around the fire, but decided to get them later.  We needed to replace the anti-gravity chairs first.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Gander-Mountain-Rocking-Quad-Chair&i=419404&str=chair&merchID=4005

This is the chair I decided on - but it was much cheaper in the store, I think I paid $79 and not the $129 shown on the website.  I liked the open mesh which will be comfortable in warm temps.  Our old chairs have mesh and are comfy when its warm out.  I also liked that the cushion travels on tracks.  Our old chairs used elastic straps which dry-rotted after a few years so I had to use clothespins to keep them up!

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Gander-Mountain-Zero-Gravity-Aluminum-Lounger&i=419412&str=chair&merchID=4005

This is the chair my wife got.  It is a wider model and doesn't have mesh.  It was comfortable and I almost got it too, but I thought it would be too warm June-August.  I think we paid $89 and not $99.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Gander-Mountain-Zero-Gravity-Deluxe-XL-Lounger&i=419413&r=view 

This is the cheaper chair they had which reminded me of the chairs we bought as presents for friends/family Christmas a year ago.  Just wasn't comfortable, and the arm rests were plastic instead of wood.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Gander-Mountain-Zero-Gravity-Lounger&i=419443&r=view

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 10:43am
It's fascinating to now see the chair capacity listed with the other specs.  Does this mean that those with "camper bodies" are now able to safely sit on one of them?  Seems our collective weight is continuing to increase.  More hiking!!  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
ReddOrion View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:09pm
techntrek, have you had any issues with the elastic cordage on those chairs (your old ones I mean)? My dad has had one on his covered back patio for about 5 years. I ended up having to restring the whole chair with paracord. Fortunately it didn't change the comfort levels any.

Just curious. If the ones you got seem to stand the test of time, I'd like to get a couple for the Dome room. The ones I've tried sure are comfy.
Jason & Kim
2013 RP-177 HRE
2005 Tahoe LT
danthoman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:21pm
Wish I could find those chairs for $79.  I'd buy a pair.   $129 just seems a bit much.
Linda and Dan
Calley the golden retriever
R-pod 177 and a Tundra 8 cyl
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 2:30pm
Yes, that is the main problem with our old chairs, the elastic cord is disintegrating after 10+ years of use (not stored outside).  I'm having a hard time finding new cord to restring them.

This is the brand/model of our old chairs.  We did not pay that price, LOL, so don't choke.  Even if we had, we've used them so much over the years it would have been worth the price over time.  We've spent more on a yearly basis for cheap bag chairs which weren't a tenth as comfortable and died completely after a few years.

Edited to add that I see they have their elastic cord in stock now, and relatively cheap!  Last few times I looked it wasn't in stock and I think they wanted much more.

Edited again, now I remember why I didn't buy before... shipping.  Asking over $13 for ground shipping for something so light and small is BS.
danthoman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 3:19pm
I think these are the cords you need.  Not sure what shipping is.

http://www.amazon.com/Travelchair-Lounge-Lizard-Replacement-Strings/dp/B000A76XUE/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1357935128&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=Travelchair+Lounge+Lizard+Outdoor+Chai
Linda and Dan
Calley the golden retriever
R-pod 177 and a Tundra 8 cyl
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 11:26pm
Looks like I can get free shipping if I order two of them (which I need), so that may be a winner, thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12