Topic Closedwhich r-pod should I buy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: which r-pod should I buy?
    Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 2:35pm
And I'll add this.  I was just quoted a price on the 178 (with all options) that was only about $500 more than a quote from the same place for a 2010 171 (with all options).
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Sleepless

Another thing to consider.  Chances are the 2015 models will be higher-priced.  I keep vehicles a long time and buy last year's model, and would do the same if I were buying a new TT to keep for several years.  But, maybe the price increase, if any, will be insignificant.

Bob

The best I can say is.. we bought our Pod 2 years ago for a very good price, our neighbor and camping buddy just bought a '13 177 from the same dealer, and paid about $450 more.. 
Sleepless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 1:26pm
Another thing to consider.  Chances are the 2014 models will be higher-priced.  I keep vehicles a long time and buy last year's model, and would do the same if I were buying a new TT to keep for several years.  But, maybe the price increase, if any, will be insignificant.

Bob
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 1:10pm

And hopefully no offense caused to those that have been sitting on this info - you did a good job keeping the secret.  I should have posted it when I first found out on 8/2 but it just completely slipped my mind.  I was the first to post about the 178, for instance.

That said, if I had been told and was asked to keep the secret I would have until FR announced it.  I keep secrets and promises.... just ask my kids.  Keeping my word has worked for and against them at times, lol.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 1:06pm
The keyless is the bomb, several at the Goshen Rally got it installed.. we love it.

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 1:02pm
The details on the Crown package have been on multiple dealer's sites for a while, so while it isn't on FR's site yet I'm comfortable posting this since the dealers have already done so:

-Jensen "Bluetooth" AM/FM/CD/DVD Stereo w/Wire Remote Control
-Two Interior Speakers
-Two Exterior Speakers
-Keyless Entry Door Lock
-Residential Goose Neck Faucet w/Pull Out Sprayer
-Pleated Shades

I got a chuckle on the "keyless entry".  I immediately got visuals of walking up to my pod, pulling out a remote and hearing it go "beep-beep" with the exterior lights flashing, like a car does.  LOL
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 12:52pm
OK, just googled the crown package.. that's most of what we were shown.. I forgot about the faucet change in my PM.. lol. 
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 12:43pm

The Crown package is the only thing I've been told was coming up.  A dealer mentioned it to me in early August, so no secret there. 

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 11:59am
We who were at the factory, after the Intl' Rally, and were shown these things.. we were asked not to tell. I do not know what is in the "crown package", only that some of the new "standard package" things were things I liked. I do not know if EVERYTHING we saw was going to be standard. Or optional, or was just prototype.

I do know that just yesterday, somebody on the FB page posted a picture of their new Pod, at a campsite, and it did show/have one of the new items in the picture, so Pods appear to be being delivered with at least some of what we were shown right now.. I was surprised Travis didn't say anything over there.. he must have missed it..

OH, and there is really no way to be disappointed in a Pod.. lol. Besides, if there is something you want in it, or don't like, you just "make it so".. you should see what is going to happen to moosepod this winter..
SchipperPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 11:22am
Thanks, furpod!  I'm still interested in what the changes might be for the manufacturing year.  Of course, my salesman says he has talked to his Forest River Rep., and other than the "Crown" package changes - which he said my unit would have; they were put into production two weeks ago - they are planning no other changes for the 2015 model.  The unit I'm looking at does have a different interior color scheme called Pebble.  Is there somewhere out there on the Internet that I could go to see what might be any additional changes planned?  I don't want to buy this unit now if there's a good chance I'll be disappointed that I didn't wait!
Happy tails and trails!
Teri & Jeff Black
Plus 4 Schipperkes: Kodi, Jessie, Maggie & Bear
2014 R-Pod 178
2013 Santa Fe Sport Turbo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>