Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stoltzfus RV in Adamstown, PA
    Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 4:49pm
They do good work.  Have dealt with them for over 15 years as the R-pod was the 3rd unit we purchased from them.  They will stand behind the work.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 2:51pm
An update on Stoltzfus, in Adamstown (there is another Stoltzfus RV in southern PA, closer to Delaware, that is not the same place, I've included their web site below).

Its been almost 2 years since we picked up our new 'pod.  I think this weekend it will be 2 years since we signed on the dotted line.  We've had it back twice for various things - first time the decals were peeling and they replaced them under warranty, plus replaced the dinette table under warranty since we picked it up with damage. 

The second time (to be picked up tomorrow) we had the front and back decals removed for good since they are peeling again.  Not sure if we'll try something else in the future, we need to see how much of a marshmellow it looks like now.  It still has the side decals so it shouldn't be too bad.  We also have been getting a clicking sound from the fridge when the cooling fans kick on and its in AC mode.  They've tried for days to reproduce it but w/o success.  They have also installed an outside shower faucet, something we used a lot on our popup and missed.  I mentioned that our black tank was clogged so we couldn't dump it after our last trip and asked if they had a dump outlet on the property that I could use before I left - they don't but he offered to take it to his father's business down the street where they do have one and dump it for us!  He also said no charge on the time they spent looking at the fridge.  Oh, and I asked them to adjust the brakes since it was pulling to one side, he said they complete disassembled both sides and lubed where appropriate to prevent it from sticking.  What could have been a quick 10 minute adjustment (then out the door), instead they took the time to make sure it worked right.

Very accomodating on their multiple attempts to diagnose the fridge, quick to respond with a quote and do the work for the outside shower, made sure the brakes were done right, and an offer to dump our black tank for us... somewhere else.  How many places would offer to do that?

Edit:  all of this work wasn't exactly cheap, but I wanted to emphasize the level of service.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 5:46pm
We bought from Stoltzfus RV in Adamstown, PA.  Had to "play the game": got the usual mixing of numbers between trade-in and new (like car dealers do), got that seperated and he came in way too low on our old one so we're keeping it.  Came in way too high on the 171, but after some negotiation he came within $100 of our target price.  Then we told him we didn't need the PA inspection so how much does that cost you?  $50.  Ok, you need to take that off the price then...

And so we ended up within $50 of our target.  Big smile

We picked it up on August 14th, we just happened to have a camping trip scheduled in the area that weekend so we picked it up and took it right to the campground.

This was a post I made on August 14th:
--------------------------------------------

I'm sitting in camp under the r-dome of our newly picked-up r-pod.  Big smile

We picked it up on the way to camp, so it took a while to move all of our stuff from the car and find a place for it in the 'pod.  Everything that was in the popup was temporarily stuffed in every possible crevice in the minivan.  Happily we won't have to do that again.

The drive to camp was nice, it pulls much more comfortably than the popup.  Probably because of the lower tongue weight.  I could tell it was lighter than my popup on the back roads, but I could really feel it drag down once I got above 50.  I see why everyone says their MPG drops to single-digits.  But I also discovered that my wife forgot to put high-grade gas in the minivan when she filled it up this week!  The engine has variable valve timing and can put out an extra 10-20 HP with the good stuff... and I could have used it.

The dome was an adventure.  For starters the truck arrived from the factory with 3 new pods on it - and our r-dome - while we were doing our walk-through.  So we went for ice cream for an hour while the tech installed it.  Then in camp we slid it in the track, correctly, but thought it was wrong.  Out it came, and back in.  The wrong way.  Out again.  Back in again the right way.  The neighbors got a great show as we completed the setup.

We may be calling ours the Ladybug.  We found several on it while we set up, and it sort of looks like a bug.  Not sure yet.  Might just be The Bug. 

I have pics of the new pods on the truck, pics of us in camp, and it will all have to get posted later.  I've been at a conference for the last 3 days and I'm tired.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12