Topic ClosedExhaust Fan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rawest50 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust Fan
    Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 3:16pm
Our detector must be super sensitive. I guess that is great if I have a fire. Wife fixed toast in a toaster and it set it off. I could not see any smoke. Shower cap cover in the works. We cook very little in the camper it was just an easy way to prepare toast.
2017.5 RPod 179
2017 Jeep Unlimited Wrangler
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Off Road Crew Cab
2 Weiner dogs
Great wife puts up with my BS
❤️ Thoroughbred Racing.
McCall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:32pm
Ha, just returned from a 5 day trip and I tried the shower cap trick.  It did the job, no beep beep beep at 7:00 am, and I used red to help remind me to remove it after cooking is over with.  I had to "take it in" a bit with a stapler.  I think a doggy bag and a rubber band would do the trick also.

Gary E
McCall, Idaho
2017 RP179

https://www.instagram.com/erttergary/
rkreeves View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 2:12pm
We just did the same thing on our Maiden Pod Voyage: set the smoke alarm off, first meal.

Like others I think outdoor cooking has to be the answer. The more I think about it the more I realize that most of my cooking is a greasy, splattery mess anyway, and that would just stink up and slime up the Pod permanently. but it would not nearly as bad with an exhaust fan...

The point is well taken: WHY IS THERE NO EXHAUST FAN OVER THE COOKTOP?  Not even as an option? An intellectual failure from the Good Folks at Forest River. IMHO.
2017.5 RPOD 179
2017 Tacoma 6,400# tow limit
Marty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 1:22am
My Rpod is a 2014 178. The kitchen is in the middle in the pop out and the smoke alarm is over the bed in the back of the trailer. 
Wepod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 7:55pm
I moved our smoke alarm to the other end of the camper over the bed 179.   We run the bathroom fan on low or open the door.  
rawest50 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Marty

We do our cooking outside also, but owning a Motorhome and travel trailer prior to my R-pod. At the coast when it gets cold and windy...a exhaust fan is very much needed. The company needs to come up with a exhaust fan after market to fix their mistake of not having one in the first place.
Hoping on here...someone comes up with how to install a exhaust fan.

I agree. Windy and wet are the only time I cook inside.   I can cook in the cold. Or should I say above 35.
2017.5 RPod 179
2 Weiner dogs
❤️ Thoroughbred Racing.
Marty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 7:28pm
We do our cooking outside also, but owning a Motorhome and travel trailer prior to my R-pod. At the coast when it gets cold and windy...a exhaust fan is very much needed. The company needs to come up with a exhaust fan after market to fix their mistake of not having one in the first place.
Hoping on here...someone comes up with how to install a exhaust fan.
rawest50 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 6:25pm
I bought a small fan to set between the stove and door if we need to cook when the weather is rough. Other than that we have the outside grill. I bought a Smoke Hollow grill that works great. Pricey but good. Gas fired 3 burner. One burner is for smoking wood chip or briquettes. Big enough to cook several steaks or other large cuts of meat. Temp range from 175 - 600.
2017.5 RPod 179
2 Weiner dogs
❤️ Thoroughbred Racing.
Marty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 5:40pm
I agree, we bought a 2014 R-pod with the small slide out new a few years ago. My husband liked it because of the easy towing. I never even noticed no hood and exhaust fan, guess I kind of took for granted if you had a stove top, there would be exhaust. Makes the burners kind of a waste, you can use the microwave but dry camping without electricity...your kind of out of luck for anything fried. Whoever designed that wasn't thinking, be nice to have after market brackets to hook one up. We did turn on shower exhaust, open door and windows, and unplug fire alarm the one time I tried to fry bacon. Never again, wouldn't want the walls to get smoke or grease smell. Very bad design!!!

Marty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 5:39pm
I agree, we bought a 2014 R-pod with the small slide out. My husband liked it because of the easy towing. I never even noticed no hood and exhaust fan, guess I kind of took for granted if you had a stove top, there would be exhaust. Makes the burners kind of a waste, you can use the microwave but dry camping without electricity...your kind of out of luck for anything fried. Whoever designed that wasn't thinking, be nice to have after market brackets to hook one up. We did turn on shower exhaust, open door and windows, and unplug fire alarm the one time I tried to fry bacon. Never again, wouldn't want the walls to get smoke or grease smell. Very bad design!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>