R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed171 - Mod - Curtains

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 171 - Mod - Curtains
    Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 2:40am
OK the blinds that came with the camper just were not our style.  After going out a few times we decided to pull them out and make curtains.  Thankful my wife can sew so that was not a problem.  We installed spring rods up in the valances to hold the curtains.  Below are before and after Pictures:

Drivers Front - After

Drivers Front Before

Passenger Side Front - After

Passenger Side Front Before

Drivers Side Rear After

Drivers Side Rear Before

Passenger Side Rear After

Passenger Sire Rear Before
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 5:30am
This is something we want to do too....thanks! Did you just pull out the whole blind mechanism? Did it come out easily? What are the spring rods attached to- the valance sides?

Any more info would be helpful and appreciated.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
Pie_Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 7:56am
This is something that I am going to have to talk Ted into.

I am not sure where I found the link.  I know it was on a RV forum but not sure who should get the credit...but, I want to make curtains out of the mini-blinds like in this link:

I removed the bed cover from the mattress.  (We have the Earth fabric)..I have quilts and things that we will be using instead.  So, I was thinking about using the fabric from bed for the curtains.  If I make these curtains, I want a fabric that completely blocks the light when the curtains are all the way down.

I probably will have to practice this conversion so I don't screw it up.  Luckily, I have some blinds here in my bathroom that I have always wanted to get rid of so I think I will experiment on those.
~Cindy_CP
(Pod_Patrol's girl)
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 4:01pm
The spring rods are pressed up against the valance sides.  When I was taking out the mini blinds up in the front I actually removed the valance (help on by 2 crews on each side and them removed the blind and hanger.  In the back over the bed I started to look at the blinds and figured out that i could unclip the blinds and pull them out without removing the valance.  I kept the blind hanger up there.  I think if i was doing it again I would be removing the valance and doing it the correct way.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 9:37pm
Thanks! That helps a lot. I keep looking up under the valance wondering if I should do it the easy way or the right way.....I'll take your suggestion and take the valance down.

I actually don't mind the mini blinds in the front area, but hate hate hate them in the bed area. We kick them at night and the bedding gets caught in them when making the bed. I'm really looking forward to this mod.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Tusten Traveler

I actually don't mind the mini blinds in the front area, but hate hate hate them in the bed area. We kick them at night and the bedding gets caught in them when making the bed. I'm really looking forward to this mod.
'

Ditto.  Just before our last trip I took everything down.  The valences will go back up once we have curtains made this winter.  I made blackout "curtains" from the cheapest fabric-backed vinyl I could find in the fabric store.  Took a flashlight with me so I could find one that blocked all light (only the black vinyl did).  Cut them to the exact shape of each window + frame.  I plan on mounting magnets on the window frames and on the fabric so they can go up and down easily.  The real curtains will be for decoration only.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 9:46am
Magnets for the blackout curtains are a GREAT idea! Then fold them away for the day. Bravo! I'll have to work on that- I was going to JoAnn's this week anyway.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 9:56am
HERE ARE A COUPLE OF IMAGES ON MY CURTAINS.   DID MINE WITH THE TENSION RODS BUT WENT A STEP FURTHER AND LINED THEM WITH A MUSLIN.  THE LAST IS A IMAGE OF THE COLORS COULDN'T BELIEVE THAT IT MATCHED THAT WELL.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 10:09am
Very nice.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
yizit View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 11:35pm
I purchased Eclipse curtains from Kmart (also at Walmart).  They are room darkeners.  Cut them to fit and installed them with tension rods.  They come in several colors.http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=48_48&search_constraint=0&search_query=curtains

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>