R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed171 - Mod - Bed Storage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 171 - Mod - Bed Storage
    Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:33am
Under the queen bed in the 171 there is room to place 2 laundry baskets and also a closed tub for storage.  In the tub we store sheets, towels, and blankets.  we use the laundry baskets to pack our clothes in and then when they are dirty we have a basket to place them in.  Makes it easy to pack before the trip and when we get back they go right to the laundry. 

Pie_Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 8:04am

We will probably do this.  Something like it at least.  I did pick up a soft laundry sorter from Walmart.  It is made of fabric but when you open it, it has a wire frame so it "pops up".  It has 3 divided sections and It fits under the bed.  (I checked before we put the R-Pod into storage.)

I might end up going with the laundry baskets, though.  The storage under the bed is going to be a trial and error until we find out what works best.
~Cindy_CP
(Pod_Patrol's girl)
Retired Roxy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 11:44am
Hi Pie Pod, I, too, like the soft sided pop-up storage baskets. They come in many sizes and compartment shapes but their biggest benefit is that they fold up out of the way when not in use! I travel with a long skinny one on the floor of my 172. I put everything that might fall off during travel- paper towel holder, container holding plastic ware, soap- mostly stuff I leave on the counter to cook and eat with. I haven't attached anything to walls yet- not sure I'm going to so It gets stored on the floor during travel. Easily unpacked when I reach my destination and then I fold up the basket! It takes up very little storage space.

Roxy
Retired Roxy and Cody (4 legged friend)
travelin' in a 172
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 4:14pm
My wife had me install an under counter paper towel holder and is also looking to install some baskets on the wall to hold items like soap, spices and some of the other items.  Right now when we are traveling we place the soap and other items right in the sink.  
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 4:15pm
the one thing I have found is i need to strap the paper towels down before towing the r-pod or else find them all over the floor Wink
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 8:42am
Our clothes go in a duffel-bag-like suitcase which has rollers on one end.  Slides right into the door and takes up the right side of that space.  Enough room for all clothes for the 2 of us for the weekend (the kids get the smaller compartment under the dinnette).

The biggest issue for me is how to utilize that space in the back-left corner.  I'd like another door, the same as the rear storage compartment.  Something to add to the wish list.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 12:43pm
The under the bed storage 171

Do you leave the board unscrewed under the mattress? Does it shift in use if it is not battened down?
Just picked up the Pod yesterday, did ask about the storage area under the bed being accessable from the top (as your picture shows). A lot easier to get to than throught the little cabinet door.
Thank for your answer ahead of time
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 4:35pm
Yes the board under the Mattress is unscrewed.  Have not yet had it shift on us.  We pull everything in and out from the door. 
 Post Reply Post Reply