Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAwning, Bathroom, & TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awning, Bathroom, & TV
    Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 8:28am
Lots of great ideas.  I will check out the Tink's sister's Tab at the Roundup in June.  I would like to have something that doesn't require a ladder to install.
Retired Roxy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 11:51am
I bought one too but I put it in the wrong spot and need to move it- purchased mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond- Cheapest model- metal posts and plastic, adjustable shelves just like in the picture. Mine came with 4-5 pieces for the post and different lengths. I used only the shortest pieces and left the longest one out. Worked ok for fit that way.

Roxy
Retired Roxy and Cody (4 legged friend)
travelin' in a 172
yizit View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 6:12pm
We bought a couple of the "Dispensers" to put in the shower for shampoo & soap.  And I LOVE the 3M Command hooks that I use everywhere.  The wire shelf shouldn't be too much of a problem with getting wet.  Most of the water gets on the lower 2/3 of the walls.  I switched out the fabric shower curtain with a plastic one and cut to fit better.  The corner caddy is a good idea too.  It'll fun to see at the roundup what everyone has done to make the Pod their own.

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Pie_Pod

II wonder if they have the exact UPC code so I could be sure I got the same one.   So, do you?

I'm so sorry- I don't....I even went out to see if I left the instructions in the pod, but I didn't. It is, as Roxy said, the cheapest one you can find- should be around $15 or so and it has 4 plastic shelves with various size rods to customize height. One rod has the spring in it. Hope that helps, and yes, we will have it at the roundup!
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 5:12pm

Used my bathroom for the first time this past trip(instead of a storage closet) Took the stupid rod out of the bathroom (the one that holds the clothes bag, which has been put in the attic closet). The rod gets in the way of moving the shower curtain around behind the pot> This must be a last minute try at having a "closet" in the Pod! I tried pulling the curtain all the way around, then picking it up in front of the pot and kept things drier. Have the corner, tiered pole with shelves and it works great. TT on top did not get damp at all. Left the lid popped up and fan on low to dry out the place and did a light spray down with clorox/water mix to combat mold building up. AND did the draining of the sewer first time, chock to chock. The rig is clearly doable.  Even for an oldie like me and just starting to learn ALL the things.

'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 10:16pm
I need to try an "up high" solution for our toilet paper (I assume that is what you meant by TT?).  For now we just pull it out of the bathroom when we shower.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 10:56pm
If you go back to page 1  on this subject and check the picture that Tustin Traveler has of the plastic shower caddy, Walmart. It does fit with a little work in the left corner of the bath. Have to have the lower shelf up high enough for the pottie lid to clear when up, the TT stayed high and dry on the top because I pulled the curtain all the way around  then brought it in front of the pottie when using the shower.
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
yizit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 9:57am
We hung our toilet paper holder up high and had no problem.

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

Runebane View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 10:25pm
Our paper is in the webbing on the left as you enter the shower.  With the curtain up it stayed dry.  But that was only 1 shower, I was mostly just seeing how cramped it would be showering in it.  We were at a park with facilities so we used their much more spacious shower Wink

-Runebane
RP-177
SP-PH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 11:32am
These our pictures of mods that have been added to my 177 that I bought in Aug.  from the flea market site on this forum. They were all needed mods and work great.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/11338737@N07/sets/72157624649812189/    
SP-PH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>