Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAwning, Bathroom, & TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awning, Bathroom, & TV
    Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:13pm
1.  I really wish there was a real awning on the pod that could be raised & lowered quickly.  I don't like putting things together. 
2.  I also wish that the bathroom was slightly larger with a real sink and enough room to move around.  For someone with bad knees, it is a little difficult to step up into the shower. 
3.  I also think a built in mirror & medicine cabinet would be incredible.
4.  It would also be nice to have the option of having a larger tv.
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 1:20am
This is hysterical. FR's attempt to add some storage to the Rpod- this is from an interior picture of a 172T- on a dealer's website and NOT a mod.....and you thought the bathroom was small now!

John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 9:44am
Wow, that bathroom storage thing is just awful. Whoever the dealer is, they should seriously reconsider having that photo on their web site, IMO.

.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 3:15pm
I like all of Mary and Don's ideas, although I'm fine w/o a sink in the shower.

In the past I've brought up the idea of having a wet bath like a popup's, where the hard walls only come up to your knees.  I was thinking of doing it as a podmod, but a factory option would be much better.  The advantage of the low walls is a soft curtain would surround you and it could even taper outward as you go up.  This would give you MUCH more elbow room and room to bend down.  You bang your elbow, you hit a soft curtain and not a hard wall.  You can even push it outward to temporarily make more room as you soap up.  Secure it at the bottom with commercial-grade velcro in a half-dozen spots, and up the seam to seal it shut (same stuff they use with the EZ-pass to stick it to the windshield).  When you are finished roll the curtain up from the bottom and secure it to the ceiling, which will then make the 'pod feel much more "open" since the walls aren't in the way.  Toilet use?  If everyone is outside just lock the 'pod door.  If others are inside, roll the curtain down.  Its just as much "privacy" as the current walls and door - not that you really have any privacy in such close quarters.  I really miss this setup from our popup.

Ummm, no thanks on that storage idea.  I wouldn't have a problem if this was only a shower and I had to take it down once a day for 20 minutes.  But there's no way you could use the toilet w/o removing it and that's not going to happen.  Especially with 4 people.  Much better idea to add shelves/cabinets to other areas of the camper where there's room.  In our 171 there's still room to the right of the kitchen above the window, and above both windows in the rear bed area.  Possibly above the other window up front but that might make it feel too small.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
yizit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 11:37pm
We have a rod in our bath for hanging our towels on during the day to dry.  I wonder how it would work if it hung behind the toilet.  It looks like with the rod going all the way across you may be able to slide it to the back.  Just not sure how much room you would have.  Gives me an idea tho to hang shelves above the toilet, high enough not to hit your head on them, and cover with plastic to protect them from water.  Will have to look into that come spring when we bring Rbug out on hibernation. 

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:01am
I showed the picture to my wife who had mentioned a while back she would like to do that.  After she saw it she said no thanks.  Could you put a wire shelf over the toilet like below?  We have them all over our house and shed and they hold up well.  Home depot has a brand called ClosetMaid

Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:39am
Originally posted by rpodcamper.com

I showed the picture to my wife who had mentioned a while back she would like to do that.  After she saw it she said no thanks.  Could you put a wire shelf over the toilet like below?  We have them all over our house and shed and they hold up well.  Home depot has a brand called ClosetMaid

I'm 5'2" and Myra is 4'10" so above the toilet this looks pretty good.  What about rust?  What about the shower curtain wouldn't it get in the way.  Just thinking??

Also check out the t@b trailer awning. It might work for an R-pod.

LeeClap

Lee   
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:52am
Well they are plastic coated so they should not rust if they get wet.  As far as the curtain may need to make some mods that would allow it to go around.  I will not be ding this mod as I'm a little bit taller than you at 6'4" and I hit my head on just about everything even outside
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 5:18am
I bought this tension mounted plastic shower caddy for $16 at Walmart and it works perfectly in the "dead space" corner in the back right side of the toilet. I stowe everything for travel in the pockets and use the shelves at the site. Even good to hold toilet paper. I'll take a picture of it in the pod, but this is pretty much the exact unit and the profile is small enough to be out of the way. The shelf heights are adjustable.  We did have to make one cut in one of the rods to make it shorter to fit, but it holds well with the spring mount from floor to ceiling and no wall holes.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
Pie_Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 8:07am
I love the shower caddy, Tusten!  My first question when I saw it was...I wonder if they have the exact UPC code so I could be sure I got the same one.   So, do you?

~Cindy_CP
(Pod_Patrol's girl)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>