R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2013 R-Pod furnace problem?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ToolmanJohn View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2013 R-Pod furnace problem?
    Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 7:01pm
 Well of course this happens. I am trying to sell my R-Pod and now that we are having what seems like an absurd early Spring, I am getting a few calls about my Pod. That's great.

Today, I put propane on the Pod, cleaned it out, and tested all the appliances (except the Hot water heater, and the water system which is winterized). I am plugged into 120VAC shore power, no batteries on board, they are resting comfortably in the basement.

Everything worked just as it should. I leave the fridge in propane mode and let it run. Oven burners no problem, Furnace starts and makes heat too.

A few hours go by and the person interested shows up. We go around the camper, go inside, I start turning things on.  Everything works, except....

The furnace will not start. I set the thermostat to 80°F, fan is in Au (AUTO), but it will not turn on. All I get is a "click" from  the furnace itself. Shut of the thermostat, try again."click".. 

No fan, no nothing. I checked the fuse (7.5 amp) it is fine. Well... Stumped.. Could the thermostat have gone bad? I don't have the manual handy for troubleshooting but I figure it will say "call a dealer". Started to go down the YouTube superhighway of DIY, but changed my mind and came here for some expert knowledge.

2017 ATC 7X20 Custom Toy Hauler
2013 R-Pod 177 (SOLD)
2013 VW Touareg TDI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123