R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2ND 180 podmod, drawers under mattress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2ND 180 podmod, drawers under mattress
    Posted: 11 May 2017 at 1:17am
Garo,
Welcome to the pod world!, We came through Memphis Last week! Just got home today, 25 days SLO to DC and back.
The drawers more than doubled the clothes storage in the 180, I'm assuming you have a 180?
I weighed the mod when I took it out before our trip, Total was 43lbs. You don't need the lower plywood that I put down, It just seemed like the right thing to do but wasn't necessary. Tongue weight should not be more than 10% of a loaded single axle trailer of this size I'm told. 

We did the trip with a twin bed set up but are in the process of re modding to convert it so it can be turned back into a queen at night. Link to twin bed mod  I really like the floor space it gives but like I told Westy, My wife  (Apparently) needs space for snow angels while sleeping. 
I'm happy to give any answers to questions you may have and there are more pictures I could post if you need.
rgds John
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

GLemmons View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 8:01pm
Thanks John, I'll wait until warranty expires then will do the same mod.
Yes we have a 180. We upgraded after years in pop-ups. Very happy with the upgrade!
BTW, we found 10"X~24" wire shelves w/ folding legs at WalMart that fit perfectly in the shelves over the dinette. Doubled or "pantry" storage.
Garo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456