Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNeed Help! 179 or 180

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help! 179 or 180
    Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 9:24pm
We have a 177 that we purchased in January 2011.  Much good wisdom and advice above.  Let me add this to the mix.  Go to the dealer you plan on purchasing your 179 or 180 from.  Spend at least an hour or two or more in each, make notes on your likes/dislikes  and discuss your results with each other.  Am sure you will reach a consensus and be happy with it.  We are still really happy with our 177, been a great, dependable TT for us.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 9:58pm
The only thing that keeps our 179 from being perfect is the same thing that would apply to the 180. That is, the lack of a walk-around bed. Given the space constraints, it probably could not be done in a trailer the width of the R-Pod. I would take a smaller dinette  and move the wardrobe to small ones on either side of the bed if there were enough room to do so in the 179. Given that there would only be 7-1/2" of space on either side if the mattress were rotated 90 degrees, it would not give sufficient space to maneuver along the sides.

RV Queen is 75" long X 60" wide.  Rotating it gives 15" of space. 15" / 2 = 7-1/2". So, we will continue to have me climb over my wife until we can't do so any more. Then (probably me) one of us will use the dinette area while the other uses the bed.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 11:48am
Originally posted by StephenH

RV Queen is 75" long X 60" wide.  Rotating it gives 15" of space. 15" / 2 = 7-1/2". So, we will continue to have me climb over my wife until we can't do so any more. Then (probably me) one of us will use the dinette area while the other uses the bed.

My wife and I already use separate beds in our 179. She suffers from frequent insomnia and I have to use a CPAP, so the near side of the bed would be the best place for both if we both slept there. So, she sleeps on the dinette (she's shorter than I am).

Before we put in the futon, she was using an air mattress that we had to inflate every night and deflate every morning. With the futon, converting from bed to sofa and vice versa is very fast.
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 12:17pm
The CPAP machine is why my first modifications were a 12V outlet and a shelf above the bed to hold the CPAP machine. Thank you for the additional information. I will keep the futon in mind for the future.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by voisj

I think I was parked close to there this past summer.   

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
densmorema View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 7:24pm
We keep our table at home and replaced it with one from amazon,it's almost the same size and adjusts to three different heights folds flat and u can put it almost anyware,sometimes we take it outside to use because it's so light.We also took our seat cushions and had the foam replaced in them,wow what a difference no more sinking down very firm.

Mike and Cherie
Michigan
2015 R179 2016 silverado
mooremg1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 9:05pm
Mike and Cherie, Which table did you choose from Amazon?  We have a couple of roll-up tables we use outside in the R-Dome but we haven't tried them inside and they're not height adjustable either.   
Sue and Mike

2022 Grand Design 23LDE
2017 Ford Expedition Platinum
2017 r-pod 179 (for sale)
2018 Chevrolet Traverse LT (sold)
Vector1952 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 9:29pm
We just picked up our 179  10/24/16...we were like you the 180 bathroom but the dinette we use as a couch, the table goes on the bed....the countertop in the kitchen and the storage made up our minds...hope this helps

Xxxx7
densmorema View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 8:18am
We chose the ancher 20 ×30 inch table which adjusts from 21-28 inches high,I just went to amazon and they don't show that same brand with that size table right now however they do have it in a lifetime brand same size and the same price I paid which is 33.44. It looks like the same one we bought.It's the closest thing I could find to the original table size which I think was 36×21 and about 29 inches high.by the way the model no.on that lifetime model on Amazon was 28241, hope that helps. We really like it, its so light and you can lay it on the bad or put it between the bed and the cushion on its side.
Mike and Cherie
Michigan
2015 R179 2016 silverado
Ave8ter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 11:47am
WE HAVE DECIDED.

I want to thank everyone for their input on this and after careful reflection and discussion, we have decided to go with the 179.

Pick it up on the 19th.

Thanks again.

PS - The table from Amazon looks exactly like one we picked up from Costco.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>