R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMods - Interior & Exterior-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mods - Interior & Exterior-
    Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 8:46pm
This is the door window I used. This link will take you directly to my mods showing the installation. The reason I got this one is that it allows for ventilation right near the stove in our RP-179 without needing to have the door wide open. Also, my wife did not like the porthole style that I was originally considering. It also is nice since it is transparent. We can see who or what is just outside the door. Frosted glass would not have allowed that.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Blue Highways View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 9:26pm
I liked your new double step. We're at a campsite now, where the entry side of the Wanderpod is on leveling pads, making that last drop down from the stock step to "terra firma" a little much. (Wouldn't be much fun camping with a sore ankle). Will have to look into your "step" mod for 2017.

WanderPod
Towed by BG "aka Baleuga"
the 2010 blue Tundra
john in idaho View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 10:35am
did you figure out a good way to make the sliding curtain over the sink really slide?
AmberKate View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 12:04pm
John In Idaho,

Yes, well "sliding" is somewhat of a misnomer now isn't it?  I did put some silicone spray on the track while I had the whole show apart to replace the curtains, it helped somewhat, and sanded off the burrs from the screws insertion with an emery board, but the thing that has really helped the most is to just keep sliding the curtains back and forth in the track.  

I see in the new 2017s they have replaced that bothersome track with real curtain rods, so the next time I make curtains, I will take down the rail & will do the same thing. Can't believe I didn't think of that in the first place.Embarrassed
AmberKate & RIP Little Tootsie -
AmberKate View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 12:12pm
Dear Blue Highways, 

Hopefully I gave you the part #... I found it here on this site posted by B&K-Joslin who reported having no trouble with the steps but having to add some extra washers - although I had purchased them, found I didn't need them.  Here is the link to the page http://www.etrailer.com/RV%20Stairs%20and%20Steps/Stromberg%20Carlson/SMFP-2100.html

Of note,  made by Stromberg Carlson, weight restrictions 350 pounds, 24 inches wide $89.95 @ etrailer.com

The dog is happy that now she can get into the Pod without the humiliation of being lifted in!! (I love them because it makes loading and unloading much more steady! But of course I am only here to sere the dog so her opinion is paramountLOL)
Alaskaflyer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by AmberKate

According to the manufacturer good to 480ยบ  see at Amazon: Super Kitchen Food Grade Non-stick Silicon Baking Oven Mat Liner For Sheet Pans Cooling Rack 16 By 12 In (2, red) $13.99 (that is what I paid for 1)

Just FYI, I thought this was such a great idea that I tried it. Unfortunately the mats that you linked are too small. Not sure if the mats shrunk since you ordered them or the Suburban stoves in 2016 and later R-Pods grew, but they are too small for my stovetop. They actually measure out 11 1/2 by 15 1/2, and my stovetop in my '16 176 is 13 1/2 by 18.

So we'll use these for biscuits at home and I'll be looking for a larger mat.

Edit: I found the x-tra large version here, measuring 15.5 by 23.5 inches which should work: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017R4DQJS/ref=crt_ewc_title_huc_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1SMQHGT30QHSR
AmberKate View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 5:40pm
Which could explain why they were cheaper than the one 1 bought!  My humble apologies -didn't mean to steer you in the wrong directions!  Good recovery though.
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 4:11pm
I went with the Amazon window, and primarily because of screen feature, added curtains to inside.  Thanks for heads up on self tapping screws, interesting challange:)  Also surprised it was a foam door, all good here, THANKS.
AmberKate View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by AmberKate

Dear Blue Highways, 

Hopefully I gave you the part #... I found it here on this site posted by B&K-Joslin who reported having no trouble with the steps but having to add some extra washers - although I had purchased them, found I didn't need them.  Here is the link to the page http://www.etrailer.com/RV%20Stairs%20and%20Steps/Stromberg%20Carlson/SMFP-2100.html

Of note,  made by Stromberg Carlson, weight restrictions 350 pounds, 24 inches wide $89.95 @ etrailer.com

The dog is happy that now she can get into the Pod without the humiliation of being lifted in!! (I love them because it makes loading and unloading much more steady! But of course I am only here to serve the dog so her opinion is paramountLOL)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12