R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedExtended Warranty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extended Warranty
    Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 11:22am
Your dealer should offer you the chance to buy an additional 1-year extended warranty from Forest River, and you have 10 days from your date of purchase to decide.  Its $150, fairly low as extended warranties go.  Personally I don't ever buy them, but this was an exception.

There have been one or two reports of dealers not offering this warranty, or steering customers to higher-priced add-on warranties, so I want to make sure new owners know about this.  Obviously the reports are the exceptions and not the rule - most dealers do offer this.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 11:28am

The R-pod comes with a 1-year all-inclusive warranty, standard.  The extended warranty option extends this warranty by 1 year, to 2 years total.  In addition, some items in the 'pod have longer warranties:

Axle - 5 yr, Frame - 3 yr, Fiberglass - 2 yr, A/C, Fridge - 3 yr, Stove, Microwave, LCD TV, Water heater, Water pump - 2 yr.

Hansonz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 1:41pm
As this will most likely be the last Travel Trailer I purchase, I went ahead an purchased a 7 year add on warranty. I never have purchased an additional warranty for any vehicle or appliance before and will most likely fix anything that breaks myself. Those exception are the appliances A/C and manufacturing defects. I had a previous trailer that ended up with major problems after 2 years and I kicked myself for not getting the extended warranty.
Odds are, it will never be used, and if not....fine by me.
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 10:13pm
We got a 5 year add on warranty...considering that this will be our second home, it seemed to be that I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Of course, the odds are that since we bought it, we'll never use it.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
drjenk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2011 at 11:12pm
We just purchased a 2012 RP177.  I was just quoted $1700 for a 4 year extended warranty.  Now they never mentioned anything about a factory extension to 2 years for $150, but this post is 2 years old.  I'm going to call tomorrow.  $1700 just seems a bit hard to swallow.  I guess I would just call the factory to see if they still offer this warranty?
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 8:58am
Originally posted by tpierce220

We got a 5 year add on warranty...considering that this will be our second home, it seemed to be that I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Of course, the odds are that since we bought it, we'll never use it.  

Trust me, you'll need it and use it before the 5-years are over.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
drjenk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 2:06pm
So they do still offer the extra year for $150, thanks a lot for this tip.  I think I am going to opt for that.  Now this will probably mean that I will see a $1550 problem on day 731.  But, if I bought the 4 year for $1700, that would mean, according to Murphy whom I know closely, I'd see the same problem on day 1461, so I figure it's probably the same only I'm saving $1550. 
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 12:33pm
As far as I know it is still offered.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 12:37pm
I would only take it if I thought a couple major appliances might go out in that time.. otherwise, a TT is a pretty simple machine and most handy people can sort out what might be wrong..

Oh, and it was offered to us (the $150) one when we bought in July..
 Post Reply Post Reply