R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWater on bathroom floor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water on bathroom floor
    Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 10:28pm
I have searched the forum to see if anyone has discussed this and came up empty. I apologize if I missed it.
We are in our 2016 180, which we love, for the second time. When we used our shower on our first trip, we noticed water on the bathroom floor. It was mostly noticeable after the second shower and we thought perhaps the tank was full, or I was just not careful to keep the water on the desired side of the shower curtain. Today when using the shower, I noticed water coming from under the base....I had emptied the gray tank beforehand, and I barely had the water on a minute when I noticed the water on the floor. 
Any idea what could be the cause, and what I could do to stop it?  I'm hoping it's an easy fix or back to the dealer it will have to go.

Thanks in advance!
Jpntime View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 11:04pm
Just a thought of mine ,under the sink there's a hole you can reach the plastic lines  that go to the Fosset I believe  check to see if there tight by hand or if water is leaking from them  because it might be running down the inside of the wall 
Love to camp
2014 171
Jpntime View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 11:20pm
 I shouldn't of said sink because I just realized your 180 is separate  so see if you can see where the lines connected the faucet in the shower and hopefully you can just  tighten them up 
Love to camp
2014 171
DaveGamble View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 6:37am
There is a square piece of wall near the tank level/swtiches panel near the kitchen sink. It's held in place with four screws. I have not removed mine, but based its position I think the shower faucets are right behind it.
Dave Gamble
Grove City, OH
http://TripsAndTravails.com/
DawgLady View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:18am
Had the same problem in my 180. Took the panel off that is by switches next to sink and the 2 hose connectors were loose and water was running down the to bathroom floor. Tightened the 2 connections and no more problems.
Dawg Lady
2016 R-180 "Lizzy"
Georgia
JScottHouse View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 7:27pm
You might should also remove the panel on the base, near the shower drain.  Check to make sure the connection under there is tight also.
2016 RP-180
2013 Ford Explorer 4WD
LManiac7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:28pm
So...as it turns out, it was the connection under the shower drain that was loose.  When I removed the panel, I found water pooled under the pipe.....hand tightened it and it appears to have done the trick. The connections near the kitchen sink were fine, so I figured it was coming from below. Ran the water for a few minutes with no problem, but until I take a full shower, I won't know for sure if it's tight enough.  I will report my findings at that time.  Thanks again for all the help and suggestions. This forum is invaluable! 
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 10:03pm
Check the drain connections often (bathroom and kitchen), they tend to work loose.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
LManiac7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 9:34pm
Happy to report two showers today, and no water on the floor. I only wish I had checked it last trip. And yes techntrek, you are right to suggest checking them often. I'll be sure to do it regularly.
Thanks again all!
 Post Reply Post Reply