R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Hodge-PODge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:01am
The bathroom was one of the reasons I went with the R-Pod.  Nice mods though.
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

PodSquad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PodSquad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:21am
We hear you about the bathroom.  Right now, it seems good for storage as we are travelling with a teenager.  In a few years, when he is tired of travelling with us, we will probably modify again to suit us!  We did keep this in mind with the mod as the only thing that was added were the two rails that hold up the shelves and baskets. That way, we can still have the bathroom to use inthe future!
The PodSquad - Drew, Deb and Marsh
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hodge-PODge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:52am
Love your backrest though.  Those blinds get on my nerves when I'm trying to sit up and read.  They bother me so much I finally just now got curtains instead - just for the bed area.  I'm going to put them up with a Spring tension rod.  (I may add some magnets to the hem of the curtains and to the wall under the window - I'll see if I need them first.)  I don't think building a back rest is within my scope of skills. Ouch
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

RICHPOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RICHPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 1:11pm

What do you use to screw into the fiberglass walls?

Adventure Bound
PodSquad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PodSquad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:38pm
This is what we used in the walls and it worked really well.  We tried to find studs when we could, but these were good!  Got them at Home Depot.

Triple Grip
50-Piece Multi-Purpose Anchor Kit with Screws
Description:
< name=deion ="The TRIPLE GRIP 50-Piece Multi-Purpose Anchor Kit with Screws can be used with address plates, bathroom fixtures, electrical panels, lighting fixtures and ornamental fixtures.">The TRIPLE GRIP 50-Piece Multi-Purpose Anchor Kit with Screws can be used with address plates, bathroom fixtures, electrical panels, lighting fixtures and ornamental fixtures.
The PodSquad - Drew, Deb and Marsh
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 10:36am
Several of us have used molly bolts.  Similar to what PodSquad posted but all metal.  I forget the size - look back on this thread for shelving installation, plus I think there is a separate thread about shelving installation.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
elko.mike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote elko.mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 8:05pm
Put a bead of clear silica seal at the intersection of floor and walls.  That facilitate clean up and prevents rogue water from damaging the wood.
Mike, Linda & Doxies
2013 Hood River Edition r-pod 171
Tow Vehicles: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 (Linda's) and a 2003 Dodge Dakota (Mike's fishing truck)
bhamster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 1:38pm
I made these mods last year but haven't had a chance to post them until now. 

I made a custom cutting board to fit on top of the stove:

It's made from standard cutting board material (HDPE) that I ordered as a large sheet. Then I cut it to size, added a "gravy groove", and added dovetail sides with my CNC mill. We don't usually cut on it directly, but it greatly extends our counter space.

I also added some shelves above the bed:

I found the lattice pre-finished at Lowes for closet use, but it works perfectly in this situation also. We're able to store a weeks worth of clothes and cosmetics on them (one shelf for me and one for my wife). It also works great for hanging jackets and pants since it's high enough that it clears the bed still and the lattice has a lip that the hanger can stay on. It was tricky to get the angles just right, but it's easily the most useful mod we've made.
Alex&Marie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alex&Marie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 8:37pm
Two great mods! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I especially like the shelves. Any trick to attaching the?
Alex and Marie
2012 R-pod 177
2006 Toyota Tundra
bhamster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 7:56pm
The trickiest part is cutting the angles so that it meets flush with the ceiling (almost nothing is perfectly plumb or square in the pod). Usually I'm a "measure twice, cut once" kind of guy, but this time it was more of a "cut 30 times and test fit until you get it just right". Even so, they're still not perfectly aligned, but it works great and holds really solid. The screws on the curved ceiling side go up and into a stud, but the screws on the wall side go down and at an angle so the weight isn't trying to pull out the threads.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 77>