R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grandpa Hiker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 3:44am
Installed 6 ft. tool box from Northern Tools. Had to move propane tank 3 1/2" forward.

Rob & Becky
2014 Ford Explorer 3.5 SOHC V6
2015 R-179 Pod aka Piddle Pod

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain!!"
Alaskaflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alaskaflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Grandpa Hiker

Installed 6 ft. tool box from Northern Tools. Had to move propane tank 3 1/2" forward.

Very nice.
2016 RP-176
voisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote voisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 1:22pm
The front led lights must pass by the slide motor under the slide out and they used it to power the slide motor.if you take the cover off your elec panel and just remove fuses you can find which wire and fuse does which lights and which one does the slide. You can also unscrew the main panel and slide it out and see the rats nest they call wiring and tap into any wire you want to switch
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

rGod2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rGod2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 11:41pm
I give up. Can't figure how to use this site right. I'm sorry but this site is not user friendly, at least not for me. Too much back and forth. Can't figure out how to post things right, even with site help. Things disappear. I started using cut and paste cause I cannot figure out how to pick up my file and place it, (or is it post it?) in a topic? OR am I always making a new topic, or is it a post? I do a search and using the simplest words cannot find a topic I know I've read before. Lots of good info here. I am just having a hard time learning the ropes. 

thanks for the help

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 9:46pm
Post what you are having a problem with so we can help.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
CLT-NC R-Podder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CLT-NC R-Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 9:31am
If you're on Facebook check out the R-pod Owners page!! Lots of fun seeing pictures and people helping others with any questions or problems!!
Joe & Erin
2016 178 towed by 2016 Toyota Tacoma double cab 4x4
djlmll06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote djlmll06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:53am
New owners of a 2017 r-179 and made the following easy mods but it makes a big difference.

1. Corner tension bathroom caddy.  Make sure you buy one that is not a one piece pole but has 3-4 pieces as to adjust the height correctly we didn't use 2 of the poles.  We were on 30 miles of bumpy rock road and it stayed put.

2. Paper Towel Holder - used a small (6-11 inch) adjustable tension curtain rod.  Found at Lowes and it comes in a two pack.  Used for side lights of doors.  I do have to remove it when the slide is in.

3. Toilet Paper Holder - The wet bath can be trying to find a good place for the toilet paper.  I used the other tension rod in #2 and put it under the sink.  Roll it up while taking a shower and it didn't get wet.

Dave & Maria
2017 rPod 179
djlmll06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote djlmll06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:54am
New to site, not sure why my pictures aren't showing.  Help?
Dave & Maria
2017 rPod 179
djlmll06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote djlmll06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 11:22am
How do you post pictures?  I browsed found the pictures, uploaded but can't figure out how to get them in my post.
Dave & Maria
2017 rPod 179
Cap-n-Cray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cap-n-Cray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 1:03pm
Dave, Use the Full Reply Editor (arrow in the boxes) and a photo hosting service like Photobucket (free) and post a direct link in the Insert Image icon...
Cary
2014 RP-177
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 77>