R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 77>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:45pm
12 volt outlets?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 11:57am
Yes, they are outlets.  For instance, the television for the 182G has a 12v plug so that you can watch television without having to be hooked up to electric.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Tri-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tri-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 10:59am
Does replacing the thermostat void the manufactures warranty on the AC or heating system?
2010 PR 176 sold 2012 replaced with
2013 SP 240 w outside kitchen
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Me, My Honey, and Max our GSP
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 6:02pm
I can't say for sure, but I don't see how it would.  No different than changing out the thermostat in your home.
wagnert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wagnert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 6:47pm
Did a minor mod to our R-Pod 177. It is a wooden grill over the lower part of the window at end (right side) of the bed. We wanted to be able to prop up and read or watch TV. Only other place to read comfortably in the 177 is in the dinette. I used hemlock. Decided on paint over stain because it blends in well. This photo explains it best:

Additional minor mods:

1.      Added a wheel to the tongue jack. Must be removed when underway as it will bottom out. Makes hook-up easier because tongue can be moved over tow ball. No other foot needed.

2.      Added 10” x 26” unframed mirror on inside of bathroom door. Size works perfectly.

3.      Added 2 sets of 4 black over-door hooks, one to inside, the other to the outside of bathroom door.

4.      Added 3 brushed metal stick-on hooks to wall to left as you enter. Good place to hang shirts, etc. at night.

5.      We use a free standing canopy outside. ($49.97 at Walmart – Ozark Trail 9’ x 9’). It gets good reviews on Walmart site from owners. Goes up easily.

6.      Sway bar from tongue to vehicle hitch works very well. Virtually no sway on our 3800 miles through some nasty mountains.

Everywhere we stopped on our 3800 mile jaunt  – rest areas, camp sites, lunch breaks -- people came over and asked about our “cute” R-pod. (“Cute” is the most frequently used adjective.) Where did we get it? Can we see inside, etc., etc.

Tom Wagner

wagnert@wavecable.com

2003 Toyota Sienna

2012 177 R-Pod

Tom Wagner
2012 R-Pod 177
2003 Toyota Sienna
Alex&Marie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alex&Marie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 4:51am
good ideas, thanks for the post. especially like the one in the pictures, as I have been trying to think of a way make a back rest for reading / tv watching.
Alex and Marie
2012 R-pod 177
2006 Toyota Tundra
PodSquad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PodSquad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:39pm
Hi Podders,
Just wanted to post some of our pod mods for you all to see!

TV Extension Bracket for our 20" TV:

Here is the splitter inside the cabinet:

Here is the bracket which the arm connects to - this way we can disconnect the TV for travel.

Here is the Salt & Pepper Shaker:

Inside Bathroom Door Organizer:

We are using the bathroom for storage.  We figure when we can't make it to the campground bathroom, it's time to stop camping!! Wacko

Brackets for the shelf/drawer combo:

Lastly (for now) the paper towel holder!

Hopefully we'll have a few more soon.  We need to put in some hooks, a mirror and a battery cut off switch next.

Happy Camping!

The PodSquad - Drew, Deb and Marsh
Snowbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Snowbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 7:27pm
Thanks for pictures. It is always nice to see what ideas other people have come up with. Don't forget to use a paperclip or clothes pin or elastic band around the paper towels or they will be completely unwound when you get where you're going. I use a clothes pin as I can use it for the swim suits etc. as well.
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:40pm
Welcome.  Creative use of the bathroom, but I'll tell you from experience that the day will come when its 2 am, 45 degrees and raining outside and that bathroom will call your name!
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 10:15pm
For me it is every time we camp anymore.  The Pod bathroom is welcome at 2:00AM!
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 77>