R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rsgmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by SeattleMALCKS

Hi,

Can you please provide the exact model number of the awning. Also, did you have to locate beams in the wall (if there are any) or was the installation a bolt and plate on each side of the wall?

Thanks !

This is the model that will work best as it will not have the springs:

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/products/pioneer-lite.html

The installation is done with a bolt and plate/washer without locating any beams. 

JandL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JandL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 10:52pm
Vinyl lettering for pod names
I finally got around to putting a name on the pod. I ordered the letters from “Do it yourself lettering.com”. There are quite a few web sites that can make the decals but this one made it very easy to look at different lettering options and colors and it had the closest font that matched the R-pod font. I used the font called Moderna with black lettering and both the Bold and Italic boxes checked and 4" high. The new R-pods have a different font. I then added a border at 150% and the color I picked was yellow. Once I got it outside and next to the trailer I see I should have ordered the border color as Sunflower. I was trying to get it to match the r-pod colors. The other change I would have done is ordered the Reflective vinyl because it is thicker, the standard is 3 mil. I looked at some u-tube videos on how to install the letters and they were helpfull. I bent back ½ the backing paper and started squeegeeing the letters. I was so busy concentrating on trying to get the air bubbles I did not notice the backing paper was coming off before I wanted it to, when that happened it goes fast. I have a few air bubbles I will have to work on but I am happy with the results.

JandL
2013 Honda Ridgeline
2012 177
2 Paynes in a Pod
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 11:13pm
Nice!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Tri-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tri-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:13am
Very nice, thanks for the information. Wonder would that work on the spare tire cover?
2010 PR 176 sold 2012 replaced with
2013 SP 240 w outside kitchen
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Me, My Honey, and Max our GSP
JandL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JandL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:20am
No, the vinyl letters have to go on a hard surface. You could do a silk screen or iron on if it could handle the temperature.
JandL
2013 Honda Ridgeline
2012 177
2 Paynes in a Pod
KrogPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KrogPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:55am
Very nice job, I like the lettering and the theme.

Might have to try that in ours, 2 Krogs in a Pod or just the user name, KrogPod

Paul
2014 RP-172, AKA KrogPod
2003 S10 ExCab V6 4.3L Automatic
Central Texas
JandL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JandL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 12:41pm
Another site I looked at is “Custom Vinyl Lettering.net”. They were also easy to try out different fonts. They have quite a few font choices only I did not find a font that looked like the rpod on my trailer.
JandL
2013 Honda Ridgeline
2012 177
2 Paynes in a Pod
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote M0tl3y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 2:56pm
In the following link you'll find a write-up of an install of 200W fixed solar panels for an R-Pod 178. It may not be universal across all R-Pods, but will give you a sense of how to do your own. I've also tried to cover the various controversies and real-world aspects of doing fixed solar.

uploads/3251/Fixed_Solar_Install_Forest_River_R-Pod_178_-_Compressed.pdf

Enjoy.

(Below is an example of the finished product. The write-up has several more)

The 178 club
starboardcarve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote starboardcarve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:43pm
Enjoy the stuff/mods you guys have done, I'm probably being redundant.
Have had our 179 for 4 months and did a nice 4,200. mile trip to Apostle Islands and back from south Texas and only had a few little problems, mostly due to ignorance being old pop up and tent campers.
Added a shoe nook in dead space in front of linen drawers and a shelf for my tea glass under TV.
"You can't change the Wind but you can adjust your Sails."
Carl & Marty
2015 R Pod 179
2003 Chev. Suburban
starboardcarve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote starboardcarve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:47pm
Haven't posted pics before and need lessons.
Shoe Nook try again.

"You can't change the Wind but you can adjust your Sails."
Carl & Marty
2015 R Pod 179
2003 Chev. Suburban
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 77>