R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 77>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cgarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 2:04pm
Where did you get the mirror and how did you mount it? I have been looking and haven't seen anything that I was sure would stay put and not shake off during towing.
Carol
177 HRE rpod
2014 Honda Pilot
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 2:24pm
If asking us..

We got it at Lowes, We had to ask for a mirror for a dorm room.. The woman said.. "well, all I have is this.." perfect. It only weighs about a pound, and is up there with double sided sticky tape. 1sq inch of 3m sticky tape will hold up a pound.. we used 12sqin. So far, it's been on three trips, about 1000 miles total, no problems yet..
cgarb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote cgarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 2:35pm
Great. I'll look for one and thanks for the info about the tape!
Carol
177 HRE rpod
2014 Honda Pilot
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hodge-PODge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 10:07pm

I hung my mirror with double-sided sticky back tape as described.  However, I hung my clock with 3M velcro strips (that came out of a package of  3M hooks).  That way the clock wouldn't bounce around on the walls while traveling, but when I needed to I could still take it down to change the battery (whereas the mirror was permanently hung).  Just sharing an idea.

Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

cgarb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote cgarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 12:03am
Ah, that makes a lot of sense! 
Carol
177 HRE rpod
2014 Honda Pilot
psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 5:25pm
Mods done earlier this year.........

Satellite receiver installed in entertainment center at the beginning of year. Had to relieve cabinet as seen and protrudes a couple inches, but  fit snuggly and cushioned with high density foam. travels well.

EZ Hose Carrier from Camping World, 46" long.  Because it is almost twice as long as the original, I decided to mount it further back, under the battery. Secured with 7" radiator hose clamps. Has also served well this year.

Recently completed mods.......

36 LED light panels purchased on EBAY for $.99 each; cost more to ship them than actual price for the lights. Last pix is a comparison as the light on the wall next to the entertainment center is an original bulb. These are MUCH whiter burning. Replaced all but the shower; mis-counted when I ordered.

Replaced the original tv/dvd/radio combo with a 19' LED HD tv/dvd combo. Attached it with fully articulated wall mount that extends to 20''.  Has enough swivel at back to watch comfortably in bed.

Now this mod hasn't actually been completed yet, but I decided to show the pictures for comparison. The translucent tank is a 25 lb. tank from Camping World.  It fits in the bracket okay and the hose reaches fine. But the tie-down strap is about 6 inches too short. I will have to replace the long piece with a longer one yet and of course, the cover is too short. So before I install it permantly, I will address those two issues.
2011 R-177 "Sponge-Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Footslogger03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 7:44pm
I'm a fairly technical guy   ...so I should know the answer to this, but for some reason the whole TV reception thing with RV's is still somewhat of a mystery to me.

From what I understand there is cable and satellite. How am Imdoing so far ?

In our prior life (different camper) we observed that some campgrounds offered cable and some offered satellite (Dish or Direct). We've always had a conventional cable set up so when we camped where they offered satellite we were SOL    ...unless they offered satellite receiver boxes for rent.

So, it sounds to me like you need either a cable box or a satellite receiver (and possibly a dish) or both. Sice we have cable at home, we have NO experience with satellite.

Is it worth looking into satellite     ...and am I even close to understanding the differences ?

Thanks in advance,

MJ

Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 10:41am
Usually when a campground runs a coaxial cable to your site, it is delivering its content using standard channels any analog TV can pick up. When the kids were young we would take a VCR with us to use as a tuner (and to play their Barney and Dora tapes). You want to use the "cable" connection on the pod - inside and out - to make this work. We don't even bother now. The kids may play a DVD on the pod's TV before bed but otherwise we don't watch any TV when we camp anymore. I'll check on the news and weather on my laptop.

Satellite dishes transmit their content on higher frequencies than cable channels, which is why there is a separate "satellite" connection on the pod. You will need your own dish and box.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 4:28pm
Just finished replacing the analog thermostat in the pod with a Hunter non-programable digital version. Rather than go into the reasons and the particulars, I will provide the link that showed me how. I used the model shown, Hunter model 42955 purchased at Walmart for just under $20.00.
2011 R-177 "Sponge-Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
pamspod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pamspod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 3:16pm
Stupid question with probably obvious answer - but, what are the 12v things for???
LOVE all the info/pics on mods!
Pam
'10 R-pod 171
'10 Chevy Equinox
P's in a Pod!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 77>