R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedYou guys are scaring me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: You guys are scaring me...
    Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 7:37pm
Ron/Roscoe, I've learned from experience that the website has some sort of timer associated with the form and if you take to long before submission, it will eat what you wrote.  Out of habit, if I'm going to compose my thoughts, I do my write up in an editor or notepad offline and then cut and paste so I don't lose what I wrote!.
2016 HRE R-179 "CapPODccino"
2011 F-150 SLX
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 9:16pm
Near the top of the first page.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Kantuckid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by CuriousLinda

Hi Folks,

I'm looking at retiring in an R-Pod in the not too distant future. I've been doing my due diligence, looking at and researching a lot of different floor plans and models of small TTs, and keep coming back to the R-Pods. Vaccilating between the 179 and 180.

Anyway, one of the things I absolutely need is reliability and straightforward ease of use. I can take care of myself, and read a manual (or an owner's forum :-)) and do small repairs and such, but I'm counting on everything working.  I can't be climbing under a Pod to make sure the black tank is properly attached. 

I'll be traveling alone except for a few critters. Some time will be spent in campgrounds, but I'll be boondocking a lot as well.

So I've gotten some wonderful ideas and tips from reading this forum, but I'm getting a little concerned about a Pod holding up under constant use, and some of the fairly complicated repairs they seem to need. I can't do those, which will mean having to pay to have them done. 

Is an R-Pod for me, or am I biting off more than I can chew?  I've never owned a camper before.  This seems right in terms of price and size and having all the amenities I need. 

Thanks, Everyone!  I'm enjoying seeing the pictures and all, especially the critters and cute mods. 

Linda

It's your pocket book, I get that. If I was going to be a full timer (retire in it as you seem to suggest) I'd buy a Lance TT. Any brand will require some attention as RV's are built to be light and road time makes for vibration and resultant wear & tear. Much less than a fixed "real" home, however!
Funky View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 11:34am
I bought into this line of thinking until I started running into quality problems, including separated side seams, with our brand new 2017 R Pod 180. I am in the "camp" of thinking that there are, indeed, many quality issues with R Pods and, perhaps, the vast majority of owners are not tech savvy enough to seek assistance on an online forum. Or, perhaps, the owners feel that the problems they encounter are just "part of the rv experience" and don't worry about the problems.
Funky
2017 R pod 180
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123