R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedYou guys are scaring me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: You guys are scaring me...
    Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 11:23am
On a new Rpod, have the dealer shut the by-pass valve on the HW heater.  They come from the factory with the the valve open which means no hot water, just warm. Kinda of a pain taking out the screws holding down the plywood under the bed, I had to learn the hard way.  My dealer in Myrtle Beach, SC did not have a clue where the valve was located.  This forum fixed that.
Ron Rowland
ron/roscoe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 12:06pm
I posted a dealer review today, how long before it gets posted?
Ron Rowland
sailor323 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by CuriousLinda

I handle normal care and maintenance at my place, with the exception of the electrical.  I can flip a breaker switch and that's about it.

I understand your reticence about electricity.  Most of the electrical problems on the pod are related to the 12V (battery) system.  Don't be afraid of this system.  You can't electrocute yourself.   Most of the time, the problems are related to a depleted battery or bad connections.  The 120V AC system is like your house current.  Yes, it can give you a shocking experience.  Even so, the problems are usually very basic.  The most common is a tripped GFCI.  You should locate the duplex plug that has the GFCI.  If you experience a problem with your household electricity, the first thing you should do is reset the GFCI.  Another common roblem occurs when you are hooked up to power at your home.  Sometimes you can trip your home breaker if you turn on too much in the pod or if your extension cord is too light.  Regardless of the problem, you can find plenty of help on this site or on its Facebook counterpart.  Don't be afraid to ask.  The only stupid question is the one not asked
bluecatjudy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 3:33pm
I just bought my pod and will be heading out next week for 2 months - so excited.  I had a Mercedes class c motorhome before - it cost a whole bunch more and we had problems.  I think the quality of the rpod construction is better.  All the systems are simplier so I think it will be much easier to maintain.  I just got to get down the backing in part.  I am already much better after the first time backing in and everyone in the campground tried to help. Yup I think the Rpod will be much better - Grand Canyon here we come.
sailorman
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by ron/roscoe

Instantly.  You don't see it?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by ron/roscoe

Your post shows up, but it has no text. Apparently you did not write anything. Try again.
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
birderdiane526 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 9:34pm
Hopefully I am not jinxing us, but i'll report that all is well! It's been almost 3 weeks since we got our POD. We have been boondocking in Sam Houston NF. We don't have solar panels yet, so we run the car using the 7 pin to keep the trailer battery charged. We love the outdoor shower! Love the slide-out for the extra space. Once we really get on the road again, we'll report in!
Diane and Michael
2016 179 "PIP" (PODDING IN PARADISE)
2007 Toyota Tundra
BLOG:Podding in Paradise,
birderdiane526.blogspot.com
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 6:34am
Originally posted by CuriousLinda

Thanks Guys, all great suggestions.Thanks for talking me down off the ledge.  You're right, this is a good choice for me, I can do this, with some "How-To For Dummies" manuals and this forum.  And the idea of videoing the walk-through is great.  I'm 4'9 with 6 fingers, and some things are beyond my ability, but most aren't, given time to figure out how to do it or how to make the tool to help me do it. 

I'll echo furpod and the others. Most of the time, these things do exactly what they are supposed to do. Any issues are usually minor. Anything significant will probably reveal itself while under warranty - let the Dealer fix it.

If you need help with anything, just post your question(s) here. There are a lot of very smart members on the forum who are happy to "walk you through" a problem. Some will even provide pictures, etc. I think you'll do just fine.
CuriousLinda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:07pm
Thanks All, this thread has eased my worries greatly. I have started a log for myself, with some of the tips and suggestions on this thread and others for the walk-through and for the ongoing maintenance, and general "how to" info. This is a great forum! I appreciate the non-snarkiness. :-)
ron/roscoe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 6:18pm
Thanks, I did write a lot.  I will try again.  That forum has 7 pages, where will it show up?  Newest posts are on page one or seven?
Ron Rowland
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>