R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew 2017 Colors - Event Date: 23 Jun 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: New 2017 Colors
    Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 5:58pm
More pics from a dealer in OR. 

http://www.suttonrv.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=2387109&p=1&s=Date+Modified&d=D&fr=xAllInventory

Late 
Viggen
walkerbait View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 1:30am
I am about to pull the trigger on a 176T. I'm being told by the dealer that it's "on order" and due to be done around the end of September. They have told me over the phone it will be the new blue version, but nothing in the documentation says that -- just that it's a "2017 176T." They are telling me the Thule box awning is an option, so that makes me think it's the new version (with the glass stove cover).

Are all of the ones coming out of both factories going to be the new versions from here on out? Just want to make sure.

Separate question -- I'm going to be getting it hauled up to Alaska right after purchase, where it will sit through the winter. Should I wait and buy in January? I won't really *need* it until next May, but would sure like to have it by March/April of next year so I can start getting it prepped for the summer.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 8:26am
Once production of the blue ones starts, that is all they will build from then onward, until the next round of changes. 18 months or so. They build in batches, Pods for a while, then Surveyors.If the awning is an option (that I wouldn't choose myself) then it's from the next production run, and will be blue. As far as when to buy.. since I doubt you are going to be taking it back to the dealer for warranty work, pickup time doesn't matter, so I would go with whatever fits your schedule, or when there are cheaper shipping rates..
walkerbait View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by furpod

Once production of the blue ones starts, that is all they will build from then onward, until the next round of changes. 18 months or so.

Thanks for responding. I guess what I'm trying to make sure is that production of the blue ones has started at both factories, or more importantly that production of the green ones have stopped.
DCPodders View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 9:52pm
We live in the Midwest and would have preferred, but were not able to get a Hood River Edition locally. We are wondering, however, if we would be able to add the Thule awning to our 180. Can someone tell us who carries and installs them? Rpod dealers?  Any RV dealer?

Does anyone know what having one installed does to your warranty?

Does anyone know the weight of this awning or have a website link to more info about them?  I've done a lot of online searches, but am coming up short of good, detailed info about them.

McPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 10:31pm
The awnings are not able to be retrofitted to pods other than the blue pod. They added extra bracing in the frame of the walls to support the weight that is not present in earlier year pods.
McPod
Black Hills South Dakota
DCPodders View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 10:39pm
Ours is a 2017 180, brand new, but not the blue Hood River Edition.
McPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 10:45pm
If it's not blue it won't retro fit. The hood River edition is the same as the other pods except tires, lift and stickers
McPod
Black Hills South Dakota
Neserk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 7:24pm
I'm still seeing Green on the Forest River website.  When are the blue R-Pods actually showing up?
McPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 10:14pm
Soon I would think. The dealer shows are happening soon. Guessing that's when the official release of blue pods will come out.
McPod
Black Hills South Dakota
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>