R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBathroom mirror

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ChetC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bathroom mirror
    Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 10:22pm
Whoops!  Just checked back here and saw this.  Probably too late, but to answer your question I just screwed them right into the wall with short, course thread screws.
Former 2017 rPod 180 owner
Now in a 2019 Little Guy MAX
Full timer who logs more than 35,000 miles per year.
fwunder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 10:55pm
A bit off topic, but we have a full length  (4 ft) mirror on the outside bathroom door. I simply stapled (ok, with my Binford 5000 stapler ;) adhesive velcro to the door and to the mirror. It's been there for 10K+ miles.

fred
2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
Jazz trumpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 10:47pm
Right into the wall on my 180. Smalls screws
       John and Marilyn
2016 Rpod 180
2001 Chevrolet Suburban
LManiac7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 10:42pm
Chet,
Did you screw the mirror clips directly into the bathroom wall? Did you need any other type of reinforcement?  

Thanks!
LManiac7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 9:38pm
Well, this is obviously a common problem in the 180....mine fell off yesterday. We had traveled 200 or so miles home and when it was parked in the driveway, I heard a loud thud. Luckily the glass did not break. Will look into the mirror clips and hope for the best.
Funky View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 8:38pm
Our glass mirror inside the bathroom of our 2017 R Pod 180 fell off the wall. We replaced it with a much lighter in weight plastic mirror. The double sided tape seems to hold it in place. It is unclear to me for what reason Forest River did not use the lighter in weight plastic mirror in the first place rather than the heavy glass mirror. This is another example of the many quality problems we have seen with our R Pod. It was easily fixed (by me at my own expense and time), but, nevertheless, it was an unexpected (by me as the customer) problem. And, frankly, it was an easily foreseeable problem that never should have occurred.
Funky
2017 R pod 180
WillThrill View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by DaveGamble

Were you able to find a new mirror?  

I'm in a little trouble - the mirror had fallen off during the time it was at the dealer. I asked them to NOT put it back on the wall because I knew it would fall off again - I figured it would be pressing my luck to have it fall again and not break. The guy at the dealership went ahead and stuck it on the wall as I stood there in disbelief - it's not like I hadn't bought the thing, so why in the world would he just ignore me?

So, sure enough, it fell again. It didn't break, but it did land on its feet in such a way that it was sitting vertically just behind the sink, where it again attached itself to the wall. The falling off thing must be gravity related because it has steadfastly refused to budge.

I managed to break it while trying to get it unstuck. Now I need a replacement.

We had this mirror as long as we had our Pod, and it never fell, partly because it's light.  We attached it with three of the 3M adhesive strips next to the bathroom door, above the control panel.  

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ND4RCK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
"Not all those who wander are lost." Tolkien

2014 Hood River 177
2005 GMC Envoy XL
DaveGamble View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 12:59pm
Were you able to find a new mirror?  

I'm in a little trouble - the mirror had fallen off during the time it was at the dealer. I asked them to NOT put it back on the wall because I knew it would fall off again - I figured it would be pressing my luck to have it fall again and not break. The guy at the dealership went ahead and stuck it on the wall as I stood there in disbelief - it's not like I hadn't bought the thing, so why in the world would he just ignore me?

So, sure enough, it fell again. It didn't break, but it did land on its feet in such a way that it was sitting vertically just behind the sink, where it again attached itself to the wall. The falling off thing must be gravity related because it has steadfastly refused to budge.

I managed to break it while trying to get it unstuck. Now I need a replacement.
Dave Gamble
Grove City, OH
http://TripsAndTravails.com/
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 6:11am
Yep, I'm still fine with mine as well, using LocTite.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
DawgLady View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 12:05pm
I cleaned all the strips off the back and wall in 180 with goo gone then wiped down with alcohol and got new LockTite strips and pressed to wall. We have been over some rough roads this week to even the point the hangers of clothes in the closet came off but the mirror hasn't  moved so I guess problem is solved.
Dawg Lady
2016 R-180 "Lizzy"
Georgia
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>