Topic ClosedFirst camp out compete

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: First camp out compete
    Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 7:21pm
i have a new 180.  I took it out for the first time this weekend.  Some of you may be aware that I got the Rpod because I show chihuahuas and wanted to ditch hotels and camp at show sites.  The weekend was generally a success.  As a female traveling alone I was able to hitch, drive and back into my space.  I was very nervous about backing in without making a fool of myself.  I still need a lot of practice but I nailed it the first time.  There was a ton of rain upon my arrival and pretty bad storms Saturday night.  I could feel the trailer rocking during the storms which was a bit unsettling.  I had full hook-ups so got to experience the full set-up, take down and flush.  I thought the black tank flush system was awesome.  I had to run out an get a extension for my sewer hose but luckily found an extension at Walmart.  I'd say everything performed as expected...the fridge did well, there seemed to be enough hot water then I used hot water and the separate shower and vanity usable.  I can't help but to think that I am quite small at 125 pounds. I couldn't imagine a large person very comfortable in the trailer.  The Rpod has an amazing air conditioner. It was about 90-95 degrees and humid and the air did wonderful.  My BMW X3 did great towing.  Even with trucks passing on the freeway I had no sway as the vehicle was reprogrammed to stop sway when the hitch was installed.  There seem to be a lot of "nooks and crannies that could be used for little shelves and/or organizers.  I need to look at how people have done this in another section of the forum.  I have the week off and I'm taking the Rpod to state park tomorrow.  I need to try out the rdome.  The sun was brutal this weekend without the shade cover.  I just didn't want to attempt the rdome on the first trip.  So I'm very happy with my Rpod after the first trip!
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 7:33pm
Very glad you had a success. With all the hassle you endured with the BMW you deserve it. I assume you deciphered the hitch and brake controller. Camp on!
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
Jewel59 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 8:47pm
Yes, everything worked very well.  I found the RF brake controller very easy to use.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 12:45pm
Glad to hear you had a good trip.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 4:36pm

+1 on CharlieM comments. You deserved a good trip.

I still need a lot of practice but I nailed it the first time.

Savor the moment. If you are like me, it won't happen often. I undoubtedly provide a lot of entertainment for fellow campers.

Post Reply Post Reply