FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew owners of a 182G

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New owners of a 182G
    Posted: 25 May 2016 at 5:55pm
Hello!

We recently purchased our first trailer, a 2016 R-Pod 182G. So far we have done two weekend camping trips to test the trailer and figure out how it all works. So far so good and our initial impressions are that this is a big improvement on a tent! We particularly like the outdoor garage, being able to set up an outdoor kitchen for cooking, cleaning dishes etc. is really practical.

A few issues so far:

1. The furnace isn't working, possible a faulty thermostat? I can get it to start if I remove the fuse and replace it but then it runs constantly and won't turn off until the electric or propane is shut off again. It doesn't respond to either adjusting the thermostat temperature or turning the thermostat to off. Anyhow, I will return to the dealer to sort it out.

2.  One of the LED lights above the bunk won't turn off, it intermittently flickers in the off position. I removed it and it is hard wired and so not easy to try and fix.

3. After a couple of nights there was a noticeable indentation in one of the cushions in the double bed, so I don't think they will be very comfortable in the long term. Considering a foam pad to put on the cushions. BTW I only weigh 155 lbs so that shouldn't be the problem!

If anyone has any advice on these issues that would be appreciated.

Our next trip will be a longer expedition this summer leaving here in Alberta and travelling through B.C. and Idaho to the Oregon coast. Again any tips on places to visit and things to do would be great.

We are really looking forward to some new adventures in our 'pod and learning lots from you guys as we go Smile.

Cheers!

Jeremy and Corrina
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 6:01pm
Hopefully your dealer is worth his weight in salt and will gladly fix the problems you are encountering. We were fortunate and blessed when we picked up our 177 back in March of 2011 and brought it through a huge snowstorm across the UP of Michigan.  No problems or issues with ours (so far).  Unless FR has done a big upgrade, you will want to change out the mattress asap.  We slept on ours for 3x and were already rolling toward the middle of the mattress.  Replaced with a Eurotop mattress from camping world.  As good today as it was nearly 5 years ago when we purchased it.  Welcome, and enjoy God's great outdoor creation in Western Canada and USA.  Been to Alberta and B.C. but never the coastal states of the US.  
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 6:07pm
Welcome to the group! I would bring it back to my dealer and have him start fixing the problem!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
DrJez View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 7:22pm
It's going in next week. Hopefully all gets fixed and we are good to go for the summer...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 6:10am

Congratulations and welcome to the group!

+1 on the above. The dealer should fix most everything.

The mattress - I've heard it referred to as "not even GOOD animal bedding".   A foam topper may help for a while but, replacement is better.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 8:46pm
Welcome.  Glad to hear your dealer is stepping up.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply