R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedForum Wish List - Event Date: 01 Apr 2016 - 30 Apr 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Should changes be made to the forums?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [34.78%]
0 [0.00%]
12 [52.17%]
3 [13.04%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Forum Wish List
    Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 11:00am
You provide the "campground assault vehicle" and the ability to contact the outside world when the communication grid goes down during the next Carrington Event. Which we narrowly missed just 2-3 years ago...
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 6:58am

Thanks, codycountry. Techntrek and Rpod Admin do all of the heavy lifting around here.

What I do.....well......I'm not real sure what I do, BUT, I have fun doing it.   
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 7:55pm
We do have the "manual" as a sticky at the top of the podmods sub-forum.  It is also linked in my signature.  We can add topics for whatever is needed.
codycountry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 7:45pm
David,
First off thanks so much to you and the "core group" of others that are always on here and willing to give their time and knowledge to help people.
I don't know if you can do it or not, but the same "newby" topic questions come up all the time from people that haven't explored the web site, and are excited about their new Rpod and haven't surfed the this forum much.
About: How do I fill and work the water system, how do I winterize, and always lots of questions about the water heater and how to operate the fridge.
All this info is in there somewhere, but if you could make a specific "newby owner button" that someone could click on for those most common questions, and the topics you have also listed, it would probably save redundancy and much time for you folks.
I'm all for a time limit with no activity to clean up the site and focus on current more relevant info. And the fun stuff like techno's photo updates.
Forest River owes you guys.
I hope to see You out here.
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 1:31pm
Change is something a lot of us struggle with, many times as we comfortably navigate through this forum, status quo is good.  We like the simplicity and ease by which we can work our way through this site, GREAT JOB, and Congratulations to you who make this work so well.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Neserk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 8:27pm
I'd love to have a "Like" and "lol" function.   I'm so used to seeing it on Facebook, I keep looking for it.  I wonder about a place for people like me who haven't actually bought one yet, where we can ask questions.  

I'd also like to see newest comments to the original post, first.   I finally realized I have to go to the last page to see the most recent additions.
2McPods View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 6:05am
Just a thought, if you were to change anything would it be possible to have the posts in decending order (newer first and so on) ? 

I only ask this because as the pods change over the years and newer memebers are joining it might be easier and faster to find the answers their looking for. 

Thanks
Everything Happens 4 A Reason

Pat & Viki McCartney
2015 171 {2McPods}
2014 F150
Pittsburgh, Pa
ron/roscoe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 5:01pm
My wish list is to have the Rpod forum for many years to come.  I am a newbe, I ask a lot of questions, get great answers since my dealer is worthless.  All kinds of advice to put a new spin on any topic.  I look at the forum every day.  I really like the mods section, gives me all kind of projects to work on.  One day perhaps I will be able to help others like your good guys have done for me.
Ron Rowland
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 2:34pm
As a moderator for a very large RC helicopter forum (227,802 members at present), I can tell you that, as you make the forum areas more granular, the moderator's job of keeping the threads sorted into the right subforums can take up a lot of time and you can end up alienating people. This is still a fairly small forum, so the current breakdown is sufficient IMHO.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 11:36am
I agree that leaving the existing posts as-is in the larger sub-forums is the only way to go.  It would take a ton of time to sort them out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>