R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed"Must Have" Mods & Fixes for the noob?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Retroactive View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Must Have" Mods & Fixes for the noob?
    Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 11:35am
Thanks. That is what I figured, the mods will become obvious as the needs evolve.

EDIT: based on the thread about the faucet, that will get proactively swapped out before our first "real" camping trip (going to the beach is this summer will be closer to Glamping...).
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 11:14am
Mostly it's a matter of making the pod more functional for your needs.. they will come to you as you use it. There are quite a few in my mods link, and a couple others here have mods linked.. Some won't apply to you, but might give you a start or idea..
Retroactive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 10:53am
Hi folks,

It looks like we are going to be using the RP-171 a lot more than we had originally planned.  Being our first RV, we were taking baby steps - only figuring in the range of a half dozen trips this summer.  To put it blunt, last week we just got blindsided by finding out that my FiL has "Stage 4".  So now we are going to attempt to go to their beach cottage every-opposite weekend during the workable season, maybe as many as 20 trips by the end of October. So to a certain degree this is going to become a towable master suite for this year. The HVAC will get heavy use, and we will use the toilet on an emergency basis, but the kitchen will see next to no use this year. My main goal is to make my wife's trips as stress free as possible during this difficult time.

These are the immediate mods I have planned:

1) Letter the Rpod - to cheer my wife up.Smile
2) Add a light blocking curtain to the master bed entry - so my wife can watch TV etc at the dinette if she is up in the middle of the night.
3) Install reverse lights - well... because light.

Any other "must have mods/fixes"? I am going to have the advantage of a shed full of tools down at the cottage, and to be honest I am going to need to distract myself a lot when thereOuch, so please suggest away...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234