R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBlack water flush valve 'Out of Warranty'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black water flush valve 'Out of Warranty'
    Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 5:28pm
Happy Tripping

Attach is a photo of the one-way valve. The picture is shot up from the floor of the shower. The valve is black. The square part of the value needs to be at the top or close to the top. 
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 3:47pm
Well, the fun just keeps coming!

So, I bought an old-fashioned 90 degree elbow, figuring to add it and 'straighten out' the current 90 degree bend of my installation. 

I eagerly await your responses.
funks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 8:34pm
I would suggest you go to a hardware store with your valve and ask them to help you out.  That's what there there for.  You want the right threading. Good Luck 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 3:45pm
Well, I'm sure there are a lot of people interested in hearing about my latest black water flush valve adventures -

Ok, I put the valve back in, facing the correct way now, with just a little crimping of the 'outflow' hose because of the changed geometry of the replaced valve position, but not so much it couldn't be pinched opened by my fingers.

So, I just turned on the water, no flow, at least by ear, and the backed up water pressure was sufficient to blow out the little screen in the entrance hole when I removed the hose (and drench me, of course). 

So I know it's still plugged.

I presume the blockage is between the outside of the trailer and the valve because I felt no vibration in the inflow or outflow hoses when I was jiggling the valve up and down to ensure that there was no crimping, and also there was no leakage anywhere, which considering my nonexistent plumbing skills, I totally expected.

Now, I really like my R-Pod but this makes me suspect that the fumble-fingered, ignorant, #$**%$# of a trainee who put in my valve also did something else to cause me this trouble. 

?Any suggestions as to how to trouble shoot this???
GLBCamper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Happy Tripping

Now, I really like my R-Pod but this makes me suspect that the fumble-fingered, ignorant, #$**%$# of a trainee who put in my valve also did something else to cause me this trouble.

I really wouldn't worry too much about it. As I said, I had this exact problem. Fixed it and I haven't had ANY other problems with the pod. 
Old: 2014 177 HRE
2015 Tacoma V6 4x4 Double Cab
New: 2016 EVO ATS 200rd
2016 F150 4x4 Sport
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 6:02pm
Put a straight elbow in and see what happens, we HAVE had owners who found, having not used the flush, but having used the black tank, that the actual flush nozzle in the tank was blocked with.. stuff.. 
SandD View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 6:13am
Any experience in how to clear the nozzle from the.....stuff.
There are two types of people in the world. Those who like RPODs and those who are wrong.

Rpodder
2014 RPOD 178
06 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
SandD View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 2:29pm
Is this the picture of the valve position corrected?
Mine is installed as pictured
There are two types of people in the world. Those who like RPODs and those who are wrong.

Rpodder
2014 RPOD 178
06 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by SandD

Any experience in how to clear the nozzle from the.....stuff.

as described by the podder who I know did it.. went under the pod found the fitting in the side of the tank, unscrewed it, it was a nozzle, he poked the "stuff" out after soaking, reassembled..

Our pod does not have this feature. I use a spray nozzle on the end of a hose and go down through the toilet using a Johnny Chock to hold it open.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 9:12am
Thanks to all,  I have concluded that 'stuff' is blocking my faucet in the tank.

I WISH that Forest River had a better manual that, among others, described the use of the flush. As a rank 'Newbie' I had NO IDEA how useful it is. 

I loaded the black tank with ice, detergent and Calgon water softener and spent some time on a couple of nice West Virginia roads (Twisty, steep and rough) but I'm still blocked. Until it clears with repeated treatments, from now on each time I dump, I'm putting a couple of gallons of water down the toilet to mimic the effect of the flush, and a 'Johnny Chock' may be in my future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>