R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBlack water flush valve 'Out of Warranty'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black water flush valve 'Out of Warranty'
    Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 4:53pm
Several months ago, and a little over a year after I bought our 171, I mentioned to this forum that I had found that my black water flush valve acted as if it were obstructed. This appears to be the result of a fairly common factory error - Some trainee installing it pointed the wrong way. Since it was done at the factory and the repair looks more formidable than I am comfortable doping, I approached Forest River to see if they would arrange the repair. In the spirit of "Ha, ha, sucker. You lose!" they responded that it was after the 1 year warranty period. 

I disagree. From the internet - 

" The old-time warning caveat emptor (buyer beware) no longer applies because the seller nowadays is held to a higher standard of disclosure and has responsibilities for defects which a buyer cannot see from a casual inspection." 

This is why car manufacturers make so many recalls.

I am very happy with our R-Pod and I am sure that this is only the average response of travel trailer manufacturers. I am just disappointed that Forest River is only 'average'.

If you have repaired this black water flush valve defect, I sure would appreciate any pointers to help make my repair attempt go smoother.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123