Topic ClosedForest River Report Card

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forest River Report Card
    Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 1:32pm
   Thank you, Camper Bob and CharlieM your last two posts make more sense. I agree the auto industry is way ahead of the RV industry when it comes to quality. There is a RV manufacture rating somewhere I had looked at before on the internet and think it may of been more in truth with customer satisfaction. That was when I was interested in Outdoor RV and that company had a good rating along with some others but I don't remember Forest River being near the top. Not putting Forest River down they have some good campers compared to several other manufactures. We very happy with the quality of our R-pod. Smile   I found the site I mentioned for RV manufacture ratings   rv-coach.com
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

NormanHill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 11:52pm
If FR is number 1 in travel trailers I would not want to pull around or camp in the others
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 8:32am
"There are lies, damn lies, and statistics"

Anyone can make the numbers look to be in their favor if they try. I do know that FR isn't "the best" in some categories that matter to me. But they are good enough, so to speak. We have no complaints about our Pod, and have nothing but good experience in our dealings with FR. 

I really never understand Pod bashing.. people buy the least expensive, fully featured, TT in it's class/size, then moan when it turns out they didn't get an Airstream for 1/3 to 1/4 the money.
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 9:11am
Furpod, sounds like some need a hobby................................maybe fishingBig smile
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Leo B

Furpod, sounds like some need a hobby................................maybe fishingBig smile

Funny thing for me.. I can go sit in the woods, back to a tree for days, love hunting, may not see a deer or turkey or whatever.. still happy to hunt.

Fishing?? 37 seconds and I am done. Fish could be leaping in the boat.. not interested. And it's huge here. All my family fish. Last year, all my adult nephews and my dad and my brothers all went deep sea fishing for a week.. they didn't even bother to call and ask me. They know the answer. I have tried everything from trolling, to deep sea, to fly fishing in the high mountains for trout.. just don't like it. Even ice fishing with my brother in MN.. Liked visiting with him, and listening to tunes and drinking a couple cold ones.. didn't even wet a line.

But yeah, there are some people with to few outlets for their pent up energy.. Camping is supposed to help with that...
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 10:47am
I don't need  the hobby of fishing, I need the hobby of catching. I've tried the former, but it didn't lead to the latter. Amazing how smart fish can be. Guy on my left is catching; guy on my right is catching; me - not so much.  Unhappy

Camp on.
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 11:01am
My dad was a very serious fisherman-even more so after he retired.  He always said" never get fishing and catching confused. If you want to have fun, go fishing. If you want to eat fish go to the fish market"

I did not inherit his skill
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
David and Danette View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 11:05am
Originally posted by furpod

Originally posted by Leo B

Funny thing for me.. I can go sit in the woods, back to a tree for days, love hunting, may not see a deer or turkey or whatever.. still happy to hunt.

Fishing?? 37 seconds and I am done. Fish could be leaping in the boat.. not interested. And it's huge here. All my family fish. Last year, all my adult nephews and my dad and my brothers all went deep sea fishing for a week.. they didn't even bother to call and ask me. They know the answer. I have tried everything from trolling, to deep sea, to fly fishing in the high mountains for trout.. just don't like it. Even ice fishing with my brother in MN.. Liked visiting with him, and listening to tunes and drinking a couple cold ones.. didn't even wet a line.

But yeah, there are some people with to few outlets for their pent up energy.. Camping is supposed to help with that...
Just curious, Furpod do you like eating fish?
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 11:10am
Originally posted by David and Danette

Just curious, Furpod do you like eating fish?

As a matter of fact I do not mind fish/seafood.. In fact, it was what was for dinner last night. Smile

I fished as a kid. My parents live in the central valley of Cali, lots of fishing in an hour or two drive.. We had a slough not far from the house, maybe a mile, many a catfish came out of there to our grill. We were close enough to the confluence of the Sacramento and American rivers that salmon could be caught, thrown in a creel or cooler, and still be pissed off when you got back to the house. My dad knows about a zillion ways to cook salmon and trout.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 6:49pm
Furpod, I'm just like you.  Tried it many times as a kid, even did a deep sea day trip in my 20's.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>