R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWater problems - Event Date: 10 Jan 2016 - 10 Feb 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Water problems
    Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 12:18pm
Water Problems.  We've had our 178 for about a year and a half.  Last time we took it out all the water worked fine.  Now I get a slight dribble in the toilet.  Kitchen sink is at less than 1/2 pressure.  Hardly any cold water in the shower, but the Hot water in the shower works fine.  Same results whether it's hooked to city water or fresh water.  Any ideas?
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 1:58pm
Lines are likely clogged with debris it sounds like, or perhaps the cold water valve at the water heater isn't turned all the way perhaps.
dianarip1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 2:06pm
I will check the valve on the water heater.  Any ideas on how I would go about unclogging the lines if the valve is good?  I will check the screens on the kitchen faucet.  The fact that there is only a dribble to the toilet also really throws me.
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 2:16pm
It does sound like there is crud in the cold pipes. Crud can accumulate in the hose and toilet valve. Disconnect the hose near the toilet and flush out. The toilet valve may also need cleaning. 
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 3:28pm
We will un screw the end of the kitchen faucet once or twice a season ad clean a lot of debris off the screen. I bet that is part of the problem.
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
dianarip1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 4:45pm
The fact that I have full hot water pressure in the shower really throws all my theories off.  Lol.  Does anyone know what the output of the water pressure should be?
dianarip1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 5:56pm
Yep, you were correct.  I took the line off of the back of the toilet and found a lot of gritty pastie stuff.  I suspect it was so old undissolved water sanitizer that I put in the tank when we first got it.  I cleaned it out and now the toilet works great.  Now I have to figure out how to get it out of the kitchen lines and the cold water line to the shower.
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by dianarip1

Yep, you were correct.  I took the line off of the back of the toilet and found a lot of gritty pastie stuff.  I suspect it was so old undissolved water sanitizer that I put in the tank when we first got it.  I cleaned it out and now the toilet works great.  Now I have to figure out how to get it out of the kitchen lines and the cold water line to the shower.

Kitchen lines aren't too hard to get to, maybe just a small panel to move aside in the cabinetry.  Shower line could be more trouble.  

That gritty stuff can just be accumulation of water sediment over time as well or some of the dissolving of your anode rod occasionally making it into the mix.
dianarip1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 6:01pm
I was able to get all of the clogs cleared.  There was a back panel to remove to access the Cold water from the back side of the shower.  Removed the cold water connection and dug the stuff out.  

I reached up behind under the sink and was able to remove the connections and empty out the hoses.  There also was the connection to the water faucet that needed to be cleared as well.  All is good now.  Now I just have to clean everything up and put everything back.  Thank you all for helping me get through this.  Much appreciation and respect!
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 9:03pm
Good to hear.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply