R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMissing Hardware

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Hardware
    Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 8:02pm
 Been searching for the "keypad" remote for the inside radio/DVD player.  It is shown just left of the light switch in the garage of G models.  Our 2016 182G has no such device.  Took delivery in July but only just realized we're missing something.  Have not needed the feature yet but was comparing our "as built" configuration to brochure.  Dealer pix of G models all show it.  Anyone else missing the little device or are we the lone unlucky ones?  Also dealing with the  9mm rDome and 14mm keder track fun.  Yucks.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 8:34pm
The company no longer makes the model that used the remote. Most owners couldn't reach it anyways. If you look through the brochure or website you will find a disclaimer about features and specifications being subject to change without notice.

The keder thing is interesting.. they stopped making the 9mm dome about 4 years ago.. supposedly none left in the world new..
TJsGPa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 11:03pm
Ouch I finally downloaded the full manual for the Jensen JMW6A that's installed in my June 2015 built 182G HRE.  They changed units during the build cycle to a cheaper radio that does not have a wired remote option.  A few 182Gs still on dealer lots have the wired remote.  Also downloaded jControl, a cell phone app that's supposed to let me run the JMW6A wall-mount unit using Bluetooth.  We'll see.
TJsGPa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 11:16pm
 On the keder track size thing:  ours was new/in the box tucked under the bottom berth when we took delivery in late July.  Silly me tossed the carton into recycle before we headed out on our first Pod trip.  Didn't know about keder size differences until I spotted forum postings on the subject.  I've only had pull-out issues (9mm rod in 14mm track) in the first foot or so during install.   Easily rectified but not right.  We like the rDome until it's time to dismantle and pack up a wet one that's decorated with fir needles. 
coopercdrkey View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 6:24am
Yes, the rain soaked (or even dew dampened) R-dome is a joy to deal with.  That's why it almost always rides home in the bed of the pick-up.  We have the huge advantage of parking the 'Pod inside a big steel building with a big blacktop drive.  As soon as the sun is high enough to heat the blacktop, the R-dome gets spread out and dries almost instantly.  Sweep it off, fold it up and stuff it in the sack.
Bob and Joyce
Jennifer and Baxter, the Campin' Cocker Spaniels
RP 177 "Key Pod"
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT / Z71
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:10am
Originally posted by TJsGPa

On the keder track size thing:  ours was new/in the box tucked under the bottom berth when we took delivery in late July.  Silly me tossed the carton into recycle before we headed out on our first Pod trip.  Didn't know about keder size differences until I spotted forum postings on the subject.  I've only had pull-out issues (9mm rod in 14mm track) in the first foot or so during install.   Easily rectified but not right.  We like the rDome until it's time to dismantle and pack up a wet one that's decorated with fir needles. 

I suspect you do not have a 9mm dome. The few people who had this happen, the dome falls out of the track completely. Some 14mm keder rails have needed to be closed just a bit with a pair of tape wrapped vice grips. It's a manufacturing tolerance issue.

What color is your dome? Do you happen to have a picture of it setup? It does have a model number, on a tag, sewn inside.

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:54pm
I agree that you probably just need to close up the opening a bit.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
TJsGPa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 3:03pm
We also have a PahaQue visor which has a 14mm top edge and fits perfectly.  I can measure the rDome at 9mm.  If I try to finesse the track too much the visor may hang up.  Forest River and my local dealer both suggested closing up the track a bit to avoid pull-out.  A slight bend only on the track lip might do the trick.  May try that on the first 6" or so.  I did follow advice on the forum to file smooth the ends of the track and used an old wax candle to lube the track.  Hanging a wet Dome from the deck railing iin the sun & breeze works after it stops raining.   It's pale green & white, current style.  Gotta take some pix.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 3:46pm
So far as I know, ALL the 9mm keder domes are blue and grey. At least the 3 of ours are. I have seen maybe a fifty of them in person..
jstrenn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 7:18pm
Didn't know about that JControl app.  Just downloaded it, now I'm all excited to try it out on our next outing.

THANKS!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>