2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
fwunder View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 6:29pm
I think, for the most part, it's pretty easy to discern those making an innocent newbie mistake and those that just don't care. The polite reminder will almost always work with the first perps. The second perps can be a little more difficult and, as has been said, probably best to lobby the "authorities" or move to a different site if possibe.

If you're packing...a duel may be in order...

2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
Outbound View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 3:11pm
For a straight-forward neighbour-being-lazy-walking-through-my-site issue, I'd speak out directly: "Excuse me, I'd appreciate it if you stop cutting through my campsite and walk around instead."  If it happens again, I'd call the ranger (or manager, or whoever runs the campground).

But, of course, there could be a lot of variables in a specific situation.  Talking to the offender would pretty much be my first step.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 8:02am
I agree with you Tars, I didn't mean to imply it was ok - you paid the rent and people should stay off! But, I try to consider the whole situation the first time it happens as long as they aren't walking on the door side of the camper where I'm hanging out.

Maybe they are new campers and just don't get it yet. A polite education helps here. Or someone's 3 year old just got away from them for a minute while they were setting up. Been there. Or there's a row of 50 campers between them and the bath house, they are in the middle of the row, and suddenly nature is calling NOW. I can understand a quick walk behind my camper for that especially if the spacing between sites is tight. But if that 3 year old runs through again, or if they take the same shortcut coming back from the bath house, I'll say something politely. After that I wouldn't be polite.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:55pm
There is always cap stun.......................................................Approve
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 4:55pm
I agree that there is some gray area, but not as muchc as Douglas implies. I also agree dealing with inconsiderate people is inevitable. I tend to put up barriers and stare meanly. I think you rent your space and I really doubt those people would be happy with me walking through their site.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 2:23pm
I like the polite warning first and then believe in stepping it up if the others then intentionally try to be irritating. 
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 11:40am
Let me add one more thing.....

Everyone has a "right" to enjoy their camping experience - including you and I.

Nobody has the "right" to chit things up for others.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 11:06am
You hit on one of my biggest peeves....rude "campers". Notice I put "campers" in quotations. To me, common sense dictates that one would not enter a campsite that is occupied by someone else....this is assuming the person in question doesn't have that first clue regarding "camping etiquette". It is a simple matter of respect for others.

Sadly, as Techntrek mentioned, we encounter this more than we should. Holiday weekends seem to bring out the worst "campers". This would be followed by weekends, in general. Weekday camping seems to be the best, if you can arrange it.

Typically, when someone does this, I will say something like:
"Can I help you, are you lost? I'm wondering why you are in my campsite." If there reply is something like: "I'm just taking a shortcut."   My reply is something like: "Would you please not do that. I don't enjoy the interruption and, if you startle my dog, you may get bitten."

If it happens again, then it's: "I've asked you politely not to trespass, yet you continue to do so. I am going to speak with the park staff."

Confrontations are what none of us want, especially when camping. Sometimes they escalate beyond what they should. Only you know what you are willing to tolerate and how far you are willing to go to stand up for your position. Good luck!

kindell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 4:08am
we were parked on a downhill slope with only about a 2 foot space between our Pod, a large oak tree and the power, water & dump hookups. My original concern was, "what if she trips over one of our liners and rolls down the hill"? Would that have been a liability concern (IF they could have been THAT kind of people)?
Art & Kindell
Cooper the Super Dog
2017 Keystone Bullet 265
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1/2 ton

Former 2015 RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>