R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhere do you get your water?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where do you get your water?
    Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 9:39am
 Funny how some of the freshwater tanks behind the axle  where mine is in front of it  so it pulls a lot better with water in it 😎

Love to camp
2014 171
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 8:15pm
 Our 173 also has the water tank in front of the axle.  We usually tow with  about 5 gallons  and fill up at our destination.  I will use the standard Campco water filter on the incoming line.  I am very careful about cleaning the tank prior to use and keeping it clean.  I flush it and all piping with clean water and then again with clean water and baking soda.  this helps get rid of the plastic taste. I soak all of my hoses, pressure regulators, hose fittings , and any water use hardware in a  5 gallon sheetrock bucket with  light chlorox before we head out.  A clear water rinse removes any chlorox residue.

It only takes one stomach issue to help you realize how important these things are.

travel safe
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by SNO4ME

Most of the time we make sure water is available where we're going and just carry 5-10 gal for "emergencies". Most places the water is good enough so that's the way we roll. I'm fussy about the taste of water so away from home we use bottled water.  (we live in the country with our own well)

+1
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
SNO4ME View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by techntrek

Originally posted by SNO4ME

Most of the time we make sure water is available where we're going and just carry 5-10 gal for "emergencies". Most places the water is good enough so that's the way we roll. I'm fussy about the taste of water so away from home we use bottled water.  (we live in the country with our own well)

+1

Forgot to mention: 
If it's been a while since we have used the Pod (and I have time) I will flush some fresh water through the hot water heater, just to freshen it up.
Because we don't drink the water we usually put in a small measurement of Camco "Fresh Water".
I would have to look it up for sure but I think it's 1 teaspoon per 20 gall of water. I had picked it up on a whim when we first bought the Pod over 2 years ago.  It's just bleach.
If some of you might say "it smells" remember............. We live in the country with our own well.
City water "stinks" to me. Tongue
Bruce & Donna in the Sno Pod
(and Brewer too)
2011 RP 177
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12