R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCheck Your Windows!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check Your Windows!
    Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Gavin

Well not to beat good ol forest river to death but while camping this week close to hunting island SC I found another leak coming from underneath the bath room sink. It was coming from under the sink but soaking the small wood frame work on the other side of the wall which supports the seat...the plywood seat deck and frame support was soaked...and the emergency window which stared this whole grueling thread was still letting water in ( from a rain yesterday and today) but not as bad as it did this past summer...great! I'm done with forest river crap...I kinda liked the rpod but at this rate I won't have anything left but a moldy rotting heap in 5 years. I'm dumping this lemon as soon as possible! Caveat Emptor folks! Its not even worth chasing a warranty with these continuous problems...I could have a load of warranty work done only to limit out on the one year warranty and still have a mountain of issues later!
I challenged forest river to step up to the plate and address the quality issues by listing my rpod serial number and did they do so? Well folks what do you think? Do think a first-rate, second-rate organization be expected to step do so??? Not a word was heard from them and I know they read these threads!
But for the life of me I wonder why reputable companies such as dometic, high pointe and Surburban would want to be connected to such a shoddy organization!

So.. you refuse to use the warranty and get it repaired? Interesting.

BTW, the windows on a pod are not supposed to be caulked. They have a compression seal. The correct way to handle it is to tighten the clamping force on the window, by tightening the screws on the inside of the window.

As far as plumbing leaks.. they happen. Check your plumbing. unlike your house, they go down the road at 70mph.

jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 9:02am
I just read this and I have to concur!  Use the warranty and get it repaired by the dealer.  If Forest River didn't and won't do that, they won't be in business much longer!
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Gavin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 10:56pm
 70 mph? is that a serious rationalization? Warranty, you're kidding right?
 With the problems I was having, how many would I continue to have after the warranty expired?  You really expect me to hang on to hope at this point?  I simply do not expect everything will be rectified before the warranty expires!
 Likewise, windows adjusted right or not should have been properly done at the FACTORY, and not by a new consumer who plunked down 15k.LOL
Lastly, the gas alarm went off while using the gas heater, the very same evening, but I guess I need to also adjust the gas alarm or gas fittings too huh...yea I know it goes down the road at 70 miles an hour, so that also will rationalize that gas leak for you too. Yep those copper gas line fittings can shake loose at 70 miles an hour when you only hand tighten them....may I can get in the trailer and have someone zip me down the road at 80 miles and hour while I tighten up the windows and gas lines...hey a 10 mph buffer might buy me another month or two without problems huh?

I will stand by the fact that the R-pod is a great concept but is produced by a first-rate, second-rate organization who has some serious internal problems at that Forest River mfg facility....Disgruntled; not Satisfied employees produce these kind of quality problems.
 However, today good news! I dumped the r-pod... that lemon was squeezed before I even bought it and bought another travel trailer, NOT mfg by Forest River!
Berkshire Hathaway, might need to divest themselves of that outfit as soon as possible.
However, these windows are fully caulked everywhere by the MFG and it has been raining good today and no leaks! And the gas heater worked without alarm too! But I digress, I only had it up to 60 miles an hours! Wow I had no idea 10 miles an hour would make all the difference in the world! ....groan
If you send me a PM, I will tell you were you can buy it and you can tighten the windows yourself for a spectacular deal...how does that sound to ya? You can get it up to about 90 mph and fix away, surely you would not have any reservation whatsoever in placing yourself in harms way with a superior product huh?
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 12:27pm
I think you made the right decision to sell your pod.  I do think you are in a fools paradise if you think your new trailer will be without problems.  The good news is that we don't have to hear about them.  Have a nice life Gavin.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Keith-N-Dar

I think you made the right decision to sell your pod.  I do think you are in a fools paradise if you think your new trailer will be without problems.  The good news is that we don't have to hear about them.  Have a nice life Gavin.

as we say elsewhere..

"quoted for truth"

Also.. Gavin, NEVER buy a new home. It's obvious you will lose your mind.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 10:12pm
He lost me on his 2nd post in this thread.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 6:44am
Appears that when people become extremely angry they lose all sense of being rational, hence the 2nd post.

God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 10:14am
I had posted this recently but it seems to have disappeared into a black hole. Some friends or ours purchased a high end 38' diesel pusher, last year, and spent around $250K. They have had a number of small problems and finally the owner sent a letter to the president of the manufacturer. The manufacturer to their credit, responded quickly and picked up the coach and took it for repairs. That was before the holidays and they still don't have it back. My point is that even spending $250K there are still "teething" problems with RV's. Unfortunately it is the nature of the industry and having a rolling house on wheels. If you are expecting perfection from any RV manufacturer, you are in for a rude awakening. However, once the initial delivery problems are solved, you will have a long term camping experience with a very solid RV. I would think twice about selling and expecting a better made RV from another manufacturer. I haven't heard of any warranty defects not being fixed by either the dealer or FR. All RV's seem to have initial delivery problems, but that is what your warranty is for. Good luck. Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 10:38am
Originally posted by J&Jcf

I have owned a number of campers and had leaks in most. Do not forget that the campers are flexing as they are towed down the road. I don't leave home without caulk,caulk gun, duct tape, plumbers hanging strapping, Teflon tape and the basic tools to make repairs. I also will not own a trailer with a slide out ( extra weight & another hole in the camper to leak ). Just my opinion & choice. I also never buy new . I don't want to take the depreciation hit. I am also very handy in making my own repairs.

This doesn't make it OK to produce a product that has problems and not stand behind it.

But see, there is the rub, He clearly stated he refused to take it in for warranty work. FR, and/or his dealer, never got an opportunity to address a single one of his "issues".

I am betting on "buyers remorse".
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 10:41am
Also, a small mean part of my brain hopes he bit the bullet and bought an Airstream.. I will be watching the airforums for him, because he will implode if he did. Trust me in 6 years of 'stream ownership and being on the forums there, an occasional trip into the new owner problems area is interesting to say the least.. $70-100K for a lot of the same issues..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>