R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPoor Quality Cushions - Event Date: 09 Aug 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Poor Quality Cushions
    Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 5:56pm
We bought our 2016 R-pod 176t on July 19, 2015. We pointed out to the salesperson that the cushion that goes into the tent part was ripped at the seams on one side. They are going to make it good. But we have only camped twice and the cushion looks like we went dumpster diving for it. It is separating and fraying at every possible place. This is totally uncalled for.  I think it is a shame that the seams are wearing out like this. We have only used the bunks for storage and I noticed the top bunk fabric was looking bad. I am very unhappy with the shoddy construction of the Rpod.
RustynRhonda
2016 Rpod 176T
1996 Toyota Tacoma
1998 Ford F150
2005 Toyota Avalon
1998 Honda Shadow 1100
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by RustynRhonda

We bought our 2016 R-pod 175t on July 19, 2015. We pointed out to the salesperson that the cushion that goes into the tent part was ripped at the seams on one side. They are going to make it good. But we have only camped twice and the cushion looks like we went dumpster diving for it. It is separating and fraying at every possible place. This is totally uncalled for. I worked for 16 years in a plant in North Carolina that made upholstery for RV's and home furniture.  I know we sold fabric from $23.00 a yard to about $2.15 yard. The fabric on this is in worse shape than any material I ever bought in the seconds section of the plant. I think it is a shame that the seams are wearing out like this. We have only used the bunks for storage and I noticed the top bunk fabric was looking bad. I am very unhappy with the shoddy construction of the Rpod. Oh how I wished we had never bought it. 

I would suggest that you make your dealer aware of your concern.  If they don't take care of it contact Forest River.  They can make it right.  We can't.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 7:12pm
Ditto!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Craneman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Keith-N-Dar

We bought our 2016 R-pod 175t on July 19, 2015. We pointed out to the salesperson that the cushion that goes into the tent part was ripped at the seams on one side. They are going to make it good. But we have only camped twice and the cushion looks like we went dumpster diving for it. It is separating and fraying at every possible place. This is totally uncalled for. I worked for 16 years in a plant in North Carolina that made upholstery for RV's and home furniture.  I know we sold fabric from $23.00 a yard to about $2.15 yard. The fabric on this is in worse shape than any material I ever bought in the seconds section of the plant. I think it is a shame that the seams are wearing out like this. We have only used the bunks for storage and I noticed the top bunk fabric was looking bad. I am very unhappy with the shoddy construction of the Rpod. Oh how I wished we had never bought it. 

I would suggest that you make your dealer aware of your concern.  If they don't take care of it contact Forest River.  They can make it right.  We can't.

Sounded to like he wasn't asking anyone on the forum to do anything about it ,more like buyer be ware!!!!!
   Moe

Jo and Gary, 2010-174,2011 F150

Jo and Gary
2010 174
2011 Ford 150

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 9:27pm
Welcome.  We don't hear about problems like that often here so hopefully it is just a bad batch of material.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 9:48pm
Good time to take advantage of that 12 month warranty. I do hate it for you though. We just reupholstered our cushions after 4 complete seasons, and they were not really in to bad of shape.  
RustynRhonda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 5:55am
Thanks Moe and Doug. I wasn't asking anyone to "fix" our problem. I am glad you guys saw my point. It was a buyer beware.  Bob Ledford dealership is going to make it right. I am just disappointed that we've only had it three weeks and this is happening.  I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. 
RustynRhonda
2016 Rpod 176T
1996 Toyota Tacoma
1998 Ford F150
2005 Toyota Avalon
1998 Honda Shadow 1100
SNO4ME View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 8:52am

Thanks Moe and Doug. I wasn't asking anyone to "fix" our problem. I am glad you guys saw my point. It was a buyer beware.  Bob Ledford dealership is going to make it right. I am just disappointed that we've only had it three weeks and this is happening.  I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. 

Our 2011 Pod has 44 known user nights. (don't know much about the Pods first couple years) Our cushions are in reasonably good condition. Our complaint along this line is the fabric covered strip that holds the cushion on the seat is breaking away. Noticed on here some one made new ones out of solid wood and fastened them more securely.
Bruce & Donna in the Sno Pod
(and Brewer too)
2011 RP 177
Don Halas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 11:45am
SNO4ME

I think you are referring to the decorative fabric wrapped piece of wood at the end of the couch.  If so, ours began seperating the first night.  I realized this was going to be a problem if not remdied, so I removed the screws and used Velcro to attach them.

SNO4ME View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Don Halas

SNO4ME

I think you are referring to the decorative fabric wrapped piece of wood at the end of the couch.  If so, ours began seperating the first night.  I realized this was going to be a problem if not remdied, so I removed the screws and used Velcro to attach them.

Yup to the seat end, now where did you get the voltmeter, thermometer and clock combo?
That would solve three of our curiosities and concerns all at once.
Bruce & Donna in the Sno Pod
(and Brewer too)
2011 RP 177
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>