R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAir Conditioner ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Conditioner ID
    Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 12:45pm
When we got our #179 last fall, we sent off the warranty papers.  Problem was, we couldn't find the model number and serial number on the 13500 BTU Dometic AC.  I think it's a Penguin  2.  When I sent off the original warranty papers, I indicated I couldn't find those numbers.  Last week, we got a letter saying we had to send them. 

I see some online Dometic factory sites devoted to awnings, ACs, refrigerators, etc., but no phone numbers.  There was a site to chat online with a Dometic technician.  When I explained the problem, the response was to ask if it was worth $19.  I closed out that chat. 

The letter says the numbers are up top, under the AC shroud.  I'm 75 and I looked up there once but I've had spinal fusion and I'm very reluctant go go again, especially if I have to take off the shroud. 

The letter also says the numbers are also on a data tag on the bottom of the AC.  They added

"To locate the data tag on the bottom of the air conditioner, open the filter door on the ceiling air box directly below your air conditioner and look through the opening with a flashlight to the bottom of the air conditioner.  If your air conditioner also contains a relay box, you will need to look past this box as we to the bottom of the air conditioner." 

There are two filters and they slide out - no "door" that I can find.  I have removed the filters and peered through with a flashlight.  No numbers are obvious.  For that matter, I can't tell if there is a relay box.  Has anyone else had this problem?  It seems like it shouldn't be hard to find required information, but so far - nothing. 
Joan, Jerry and the two Pugs
2015 R-Pod 179
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 2:30pm
I believe there are 2 sets of numbers.  The inner shroud needs to be removed to get the model number of the inner part.  Something like 9 screws.  You'll have to go on the roof - or have someone else - to remove the outer shroud to get the numbers for the main A/C unit, 4 screws.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply