R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSpoiler Lights Not Working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MeeshyPod View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spoiler Lights Not Working
    Posted: 17 May 2015 at 11:21pm
OMG I feel so silly!!! I didn't realize the spoiler lights only work when the tv headlights are on. Thank god for this forum....spoiler lights work perfectly Embarrassed

Michelle & Curtis Nolting
2015 Rpod 179 (MeeshyPod)
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
jstrenn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:56am
You said you checked the brake and turn signal lights, but did you turn on the tow vehicles headlights?  The spoiler lights only light up with the tow vehicles tail lights on.

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 9:28pm
Yours is under warranty so if you are close enough to your dealer I would take it back.  Or find a closer FR dealer who will do it - just know that it isn't like car dealers who must service your car, many RV places won't.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
MeeshyPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 6:10pm
We have a 2015 179 that we bought brand new in April. The spoiler on the top in the back does not light up at all; all other lights (breaks and turn signals) work just fine. 

When we picked up the Pod, and the first couple of times we drove it, my husband was always standing in the back when we did our break/turn signal checks, and he can't remember if it ever lit up or not. We've checked the roof INSIDE the trailer right about where the spoiler is, and haven't seen any warping or signs of water leakage. 

Has anyone here had trouble with their spoiler lights? If so, did you attempt to repair on your own or take it to the dealership? We're trying to get an idea of how hard it might be to take off ourselves to look at the wiring (my husband suspects it might just be a case of loose wires or something). If it's too difficult, we'll probably just wait till the fall and add it to the small list of items for our dealer to take a look at.  
Michelle & Curtis Nolting
2015 Rpod 179 (MeeshyPod)
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply