FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedrpod hybrids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: rpod hybrids
    Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by nucamper

Just ordered our first pod-so excited! It is the 177-anyone with photos? We ordered based on the floor plan only.

Link to 177 photos above...but please be sure to post your own when you get the unit!

Congratulations, and welcome!!
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 12:01am
http://www.couchsrvnation.com/inventory_item.asp?id=601072

Interior pics of the hybrid posted on couch's website. Check out the air mattress and the rear pop-out panel.

OK- I get it now. Looks like turtleing is easy on the dinette conversion- use the pop-out with air mattress only when extra room desired.

John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 12:29pm

Really opens up and brightens up the interior with that back panel open!

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 12:33pm
Very clever. However, the first thing SWMBO said was "there's no window in the back when it's folded up."

Guess you can't please everybody.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 8:00am
No more news or pics on the hypods?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 2:56pm
Ok second thought maybe I am a fan.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 8:32pm
How can Couch's have so many pics of the new trailers and Forest Rivers site doesn't have any that I can find?
I think those Hybrids are the cats meow and I would like to see more about them.
gmandual View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Gomjabber

How can Couch's have so many pics of the new trailers and Forest Rivers site doesn't have any that I can find?
I think those Hybrids are the cats meow and I would like to see more about them.
Generally the RV manufacturers show the new RV's to dealer/public at the RV shows prior to "formal" marketing of new models.   Looks like Couch's got his pictures from the RV show.   Based on consumer interest, comments, feedback at the shows they try to determine potential demand, fix last minute things, then develop their production schedule.    After that is done, that is usually when you usually see stuff up on websites.    But most manufacturer's do a horrible job on their web marketing info, as I don't think they  yet to understand the full dynamics and impact of the web on their business.  
rpodadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 1:36pm
No, they are actually horrible and have no concept of how to market their product on the web. Doug at Couch's created the r-pod buzz on the web for FR with blogs, sideshows, and his input on helping me get this web site running... If you take a look at their product material they have typo's, nine different font's etc.. there is no polish at all to their marketing.

A Japanese company like Toyota, Honda, etc will eventually take notice and come in a change this industry. They will bring their level if quality control and marketing to the industry they will blow the US manufactures up. And again, we will hear them crying about how jobs are lost, etc... they had better wake up now.

There is more margin opportunity on an RV than a new car, they will not let that business opportunity go for long...
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by rpodAdmin

A Japanese company like Toyota, Honda, etc will eventually take notice and come in a change this industry. They will bring their level if quality control and marketing to the industry ...

As posted in another thread, when the customer has an issue, they're told that an RV is not like a car, is not subject to the same quality standards, and a certain amount of "fit and finish" and/or general quality issues are to be expected and are "typical for the industry."

That's just plain baloney, and should not be tolerated by the consumer. A savvy manufacturer will realize that if they get a certain number of complaints on an issue (some people can never be pleased) that they're not meeting their customers' expectations, and need to make adjustments to their processes. That's assuming they get the feedback from the dealer that they need to realize there's a problem in the first place.

The dealers have a tremendous "opportunity for improvement" as well. Some of the answers they give to their customers' questions are, well, just plain wrong. When I bought my rPod the dealer told me that if I ever had a problem to contact them immediately because "we're all about service here." The one time I did contact them, they never bothered to respond to their email. Not impressive.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>