R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStill trying to get tv sound thru pod speakers - Event Date: 24 Jan 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Still trying to get tv sound thru pod speakers
    Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 9:51pm
Using the mini cable it does work until I get tangled up in it the tv is on the curb side and stereo on the drivers side so cable cross the floor    thanks for everything
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by kymooses

My TV and Jensen system are the 12v in our Pod.

I thought were were talking like the DVD sound, the systems aren't usually set up to output the TV sound through the Jensen units and into the speakers.  

It's certainly doable, would just take some piddling to take and Audio out from the TV and then into the Jensen.  That's why you're just seeing the yellow video out connection in your pod.

Lot of owners set up some wireless speakers I've seen.

Ahh, ok, well there you go. Thanks Travis!
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by coledj

Using the mini cable it does work until I get tangled up in it the tv is on the curb side and stereo on the drivers side so cable cross the floor    thanks for everything

OK well, looks like some kind of wireless audio system it the ticket. Please come back and let us know how it works out. That's how we all learn here. Good Luck Sir!
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
coledj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 2:56pm
I have taken all the replies received with bits from each one. I fixed the A B C speaker issue the factory wiring was wrong there are extra wires in there for more speakers. They wired 2 A speakers to A NONE TO b AND 2 FOR c. I cut the wires to one of the A speakers and attached wires for B speaker. Works great. In order to get all the pod speakers to work for tv I had to go ahead and use a mini cable from headphone jack on tv to a/v port on front of stereo. Not a hidden connection like i wanted but it also works great. Thanks to all for the help Dennis
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 3:55pm
Ok, well if you decide to cut the cord, maybe one of these blue tooth audio transmitters along with a blue tooth speaker is the ticket. It probably won't be as full of sound as the POD speakers, but you can put the speaker where ever you want and ax the patch cord. 

Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 10:24pm
Cliff, what is the dongle plugged into?  Do you need to use your laptop + wireless speakers to make it work?
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
E2 WDH / Integrated controller (POS) replaced by Tekonsha P3
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Luv2Q

Cliff, what is the dongle plugged into?  Do you need to use your laptop + wireless speakers to make it work?

I have not personally tried this transmitter, but it gets really good reviews. 

It's a digital transmitter (blue tooth) so you should be able to plug it into any audio out source with a mini jack and then pair with a blue tooth speaker or headphones. It works on the same principle as an analog (RF) audio transmitter, like wireless headphones and speakers that are more prone to interference. 

Here is a device review on youtube, fast forward to about the 3 minute point:

Bluetooth is a technical digital standard so theoretically any blue tooth transmitter should be parable to any blue tooth speaker. 
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 12:50pm
I'm investigating the possibility of using an audio transmitter plugged into the TV out to connect with a wireless speaker. It appears blue tooth (RF) requires one of the devices (rx or tx) to be smart to complete the pairing. Has anybody tried this? If BT won't work I know for sure RF will. 
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
Sleepless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 10:41pm
MY 2014 178 does not have an RCA plate for inputing TV sound to the A/V system.  My pod is in storage, but I believe I ran a mini-jack cable from the TV earphone jack to the auxilary jack in the A/V system.  Worked great.  This summer I plan to do it right and install a wall-mounted RCA plug plate on the wall, connecting through the backside to the A/V system.  Then I can use the RCA audio out to the wall-mounted RCA input jacks which will connect behind the wall to the A/V system.  Meanwhile, the mini patch cable is working fine.
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
coledj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 7:45am
I am also using the mini cable. If you are going to run rca cables it looks like that may be a chore after the fact. I bought a 12ft mini cable from walmart.com for $5 dollars works great and I might be able to route it easer than r.c.a. cables. The headphone jack on the Jensen seems to be a good quality jack and you could leave it hooked all     the time. But I like Podsters blue tooth speaker idea also
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>