Topic ClosedWishing for a 179.....g

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wishing for a 179.....g
    Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 6:43pm
Thanks again...I will be sure to post in the introduction thread once I am officially a member of the club!  It should be within 1 - 2 weeks and I will get you info for the owners map!  

I am really, really getting excited and can not wait to be part of the great community.  Often times I go alone for 2 or 3 days and my wife joins me for the final night (when we go to nearby campgrounds).  The pod is going to be SO MUCH better for quick trips than hooking up the big toy hauler.

Now I just need to figure out if I need WDH.  I drive an F-150 eco-boost but still not sure if the tongue weight might be a tad high to go without WDH.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 8:54pm
You don't need a WDH with the F-150, but I recommend it because it will make the ride more comfortable.  I had a WDH for my Sienna and when I moved to the Suburban I tried a half-trip w/o it.  I used it on the way home and thereafter.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by podvader

Thanks again...I will be sure to post in the introduction thread once I am officially a member of the club!  It should be within 1 - 2 weeks and I will get you info for the owners map!  

I am really, really getting excited and can not wait to be part of the great community.  Often times I go alone for 2 or 3 days and my wife joins me for the final night (when we go to nearby campgrounds).  The pod is going to be SO MUCH better for quick trips than hooking up the big toy hauler.

Now I just need to figure out if I need WDH.  I drive an F-150 eco-boost but still not sure if the tongue weight might be a tad high to go without WDH.

Ya know I had a WDH/Sway combo for my old tow vehicle.  I know myself have an F-150 eco-boost myself and am still using  my setup.  I've towed with and without it, and it's not bad without it but the Pod does feel different when using it.  She tracks behind me perfectly when changing lanes, she doesn't waggle at all, she is literally at one with the truck.  Just feels like one big unit.  Towing without it, well I feel her back there, fells like I'm towing a camper, she wiggles a bit, shakes her tail, and doesn't track the same when turning or changing lanes etc.  I like the way it feels.

What's your general area where you'll be camping, maybe we'll bump into you at a rally someday!!
podvader View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 4:11pm
We stayed pretty much in Eastern Iowa with the big toy hauler...I just didn't like towing it at all.  That is part of the reason we are downsizing...to take off on longer adventures!  I doubt we will be out of the midwest  much for a few years though.  I just don't have enough vacation after a job change.
Whatmud View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 6:39pm
Podvader, I can send a bunch of photos, or some of the walk thru videos I took of my 181g if you'do like.
Debbie & Larry
2015 181-g
Knoxville, TN
podvader View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 7:54pm
That would be great! The info is very hard to find on that model. Do you want me to pm an email or do you have them online?
Whatmud View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 9:44pm
Not sure how to post pics from my tablet, but found this

link. http://www.i94rv.com/inventory/368874/New-2014-Forest-River-RV-R-Pod-RP-181G.aspx  

Debbie & Larry
2015 181-g
Knoxville, TN
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 9:26am
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxfd7D0jRvni8hW6IchsOUw

There are a few videos of my 181g there.  When I shoot Pod videos I usually use mine as the star.
podvader View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 9:41am
Thanks for both links...I will take a look!
podvader View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 6:59pm
Moose I am loving these videos.  Your graphics are awesome!  I have been collecting Star Wars vinyl and accessories to get my theme all in place when I finally get one.  How did you do that graphic on the tire cutout...that is really cool.

Back to watching more videos...these are really giving me a better feel for the 181.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>