R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRP178 sink drain issues.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: RP178 sink drain issues.
    Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:39pm
Spend a few minutes winterizing my 2015 178 today. Many thanks to the valuable assistance on this website. It took me a an hour or so but now I think I could do it in 15-30 minutes.

I am posting now as I encountered a problem with the sink drain. Once I had the antifreeze in the lines I noticed a drip from the area below the slide out in front of the wheel. It was some of the antifreeze dripping out. I began to check inside and found the sink drain to be loose and leaking. There is a flexible drain line to accommodate the movement of the slide, but the flexible drain line was very poorly attached. I figure it came from the factory that way.

To fix it I had to remove a couple of panels and reattach the drain line correctly. A simple fix, of course, but I was unaware until today. I am posting this as a heads up to all 178 owners to be aware of this potential problem.
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by johnremmett

Spend a few minutes winterizing my 2015 178 today. Many thanks to the valuable assistance on this website. It took me a an hour or so but now I think I could do it in 15-30 minutes.

I am posting now as I encountered a problem with the sink drain. Once I had the antifreeze in the lines I noticed a drip from the area below the slide out in front of the wheel. It was some of the antifreeze dripping out. I began to check inside and found the sink drain to be loose and leaking. There is a flexible drain line to accommodate the movement of the slide, but the flexible drain line was very poorly attached. I figure it came from the factory that way.

To fix it I had to remove a couple of panels and reattach the drain line correctly. A simple fix, of course, but I was unaware until today. I am posting this as a heads up to all 178 owners to be aware of this potential problem.

Hoses and sink connections are often things to check regularly.  Hate that you had to find that out the hard way.

Each spring I find something that needs tightening somewhere.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 7:54pm
Especially since most of the drain fittings in the pods aren't glued like you would find at home, instead you have threaded fittings which loosen up.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
johnremmett View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 6:08pm
I really don't think the drain was properly installed at the factory. The reason I posted this was to alert others with new 178's to check this on their campers. I plan to keep an eye on it hereafter to make sure it doesn't come loose again.
 Post Reply Post Reply