R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedheating and cooling options?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: heating and cooling options?
    Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 2:01pm
Just replied to you on the FR forum.  I'll repeat the answer here.

The digital controls have been on all models for years, and the dial controls right on the A/C were only used in the first model year (2009).

What I didn't add on the other forum, is if those really are 2015 models it is possible the dealer is ordering them w/o A/C from FR, then is installing old used A/Cs into his models to save a buck, or old but new stock (therefore cheaper).  I would be very suspicious of the dealer.  2015s come with digital thermostats, period.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
green18 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 1:39pm
I am wondering if anyone can help me out.  I am close to purchasing a new r-pod.  Every unit on their lot has a standard slide dial for the furnace and the a/c is controlled by dials on the a/c itself.

Every picture i have seen on the web site and every other r-pod I have seen for sale has the dometic digital thermostat and a different looking air conditioner (that i don't believe has controls on the a/c itself).

The dealer tells me this is how they come from the factory and the controls are on the A/C itself because it is not ducted.  I realize it wouldn't be ducted but I am still confused why the setup looks different than every other new unit i have seen.  I am just trying to make sure I am not getting an inferior setup.  They claim Forest River's web site must just not be updated but i am looking at the new brochure with new colors.  In all my research I have never seen any mention of different options for the cooling system.

Help?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123