R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > Mods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSalem-mod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salem-mod
    Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 5:30pm
Nope on the true deep cycle batteries. They were the "hybrid" deep cycle/marine. I am thinking one of them went bad internally as during the last couple of trips, the lights would sometimes flicker (this was dry camping - no hook up). Once over the winter, the maintainer would not charge one - showing a "defective battery" light. I tried it again the next day and it seemed to charge OK. (I put them on the maintainer once every month until fully charged during winter storage) I didn't bother trying to test them - I just replaced them. Even if only one was bad, I would still have bought 2 to keep a matched pair.

The price on the brake lights is about as good as I've seen. I'll let you be the "test mule" and tell me if they still OK in a month or two.

I agree on the steel rims - did it myself a few years back on another camper.    I'd have to go outside and look at my "China Bombs" (as some call them)- they may also be load "C". I do remember they are 6 ply. Again, I've had no problem with them. I am only going to replace them due to their age and my being cautious. Popular opinion seems to be - replace at 5-6 years, to be safe.     
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 10:01pm
Yes, 6 years is about the limit from everything I've read.  My mods will all get a real good road test starting in a few weeks...
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Marx View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 7:08pm
Nice mods, always fun to put them to use and get some new ideas.  Those cabinet doors look like a perfect match.
2014 R-POD 177
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 2:25pm
Added a note above about the tires mentioned in this thread, do not buy Taskmaster.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123