Topic ClosedNewb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newb
    Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 5:37pm
Even on fairly steep inclines I've only used a sturdy set of chocks (I like the ones made out of recycled tires).  There is no way to engage the brakes permanently - they are electric and intended just to stop the pod.

One idea for an emergency backup, something usually used to prevent theft, is to wrap a heavy chain through a wheel and around the axle.  In the worst case that will stop it dead within a foot or two, depending on how much slack was in the chain.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 6:40pm
Tech, that's a great solution! I like it, it's not expensive and WILL get the job done. Thanks!
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Podster

Another newbie question. On the PR-178, do you think its safe to store a couple of sport bags with clothes in this area if they don't make direct contact with the heater? If not what a terrible waste of space. What do you folks out there with 178's do with this area?

We use laundry baskets that fill the area.  No problems.

Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 7:40pm
We use plastic tubs (for that area) from CTC with wheels on the bottom to store our clothes and then put smaller ones on top for our unmentionables... We also use a small ceramic heater and don't/haven't used the heater yet. If we do then we'll just slide the tubs out to the table. Welcome to the wonderful world of podding.
Ron & Shirley
2020 Tacoma
2012 177 rpod
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 7:53pm
Thanks for the feedback, it's really appreciated. I start the trek to go pick up the POD tomorrow.  We are going camping shortly thereafter so I really appreciate you'all sharing and getting up to speed. Still have tons to learn, but, I fell like I have a good start. Cheers!
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 7:30am
I'm BaaaaaAAAaack. Wow what a trip. Left San Antonio at Noon last Wednesday, arrived the dealer in Wescott Iowa the next morning at 9:30am. Left the dealer before noon and then back to San Antonio by Noon yesterday (Saturday). My biggest discovery on the trip was the Kansas Turn Pike, OMG, what a beast! Once I found the sweet spot on the tachometer, the Ranger pulled it real nice, it just won't do it a 70mph. Its like to pull at 2,800 rpm (12mpg). I wonder how that RPM compares with others pulling with a V6. Yep watching the world go by at 70-80 MPH on such a long trip gives you the sensation from time to time that your're going backwards, but that's OK, I'm perfectly content at 60-65 MPH. I can't say enough about the buying experience, for me, it was perfect all the way around and worth the drive. Send me an PM if you want details. Thanks again to everybody that helped with all the questions to help me get ready for the trip and get this done. I'm now a bonafide RP-178 owner. Big smile  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123